Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-11-2008, 02:07 AM   #1
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Question Did anyone receive latest TOR book yet?

It has been a nice routine, the last few weeks: open your e-mail box at friday morning and a new Tor book is waiting for you...

...but not in my e-mail box this morning, I'm beginning to feel cold turkey...

Did anyone receive the link to the free Tor book for this week yet?
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
yup...just got the email...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Title: The Disunited States of America by Harry Turttledove

here are the links:

PDF:

HTML:

Mobi:

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-11-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Removed the links to help tor track properly
Old 04-11-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
yup...just got the email...
And so did I!

Mm, "Watch the Skies?"? Looks like they're watching this forum as well

Last edited by JohnnyD; 04-11-2008 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Quote added
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Please delete links

You really shouldn't post those links. I believe that the reason TOR is doing this is to expand their e-mail database, and learn how many customers are interested. If we all subvert that system and download the books without performing our half of the "social contract," it could jeopardize our future access to TOR e-books.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to agree with curtw. While I can remove the links, I'd prefer greatly if brecklundin removed the links. The reasoning curtw gave is very sound and could possibly be correct.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Too true, it's been nice to receive the free books each week. I've been grabbing the PDF and the zipped-HTML version so I can run it through libprs and check it out on my Reader. There are only a few books left, so if you aren't signed up do so ASAP or you'll miss the last few. Can't beat FREE, now can you? Some of their wallpaper images are pretty cool too.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to agree with curtw. While I can remove the links, I'd prefer greatly if brecklundin removed the links. The reasoning curtw gave is very sound and could possibly be correct.
Didn't someone post the past links in the main TOR thread?

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you want, you can use the link in the email to view the email on the web and then emailit to anyone who needs it.

The link in If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online. is the link to go to and then email it to someone else. This gives Tor the ability to track the downloads. The link in your copy for say the zipped HTML is different to the link for someone getting it emailed by you. So if anyone here asks fore the link, just ask for an email address to send the HTML page to containing all the links. That will help Tor see what is going on and the more people follow things to help Tor, the more they'll see how popular their eBooks really are.

I can send the current message to up to 5 people. So if anyone needs this who did not sign up in time, PM me with your email address (do not use Yahoo or Hotmail or AOL) and the first 5 people will get it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Oh, geeeze, I didn't think of that...you're right...oops!!

Tags
free book, tor