Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #61
Zurga
Zurga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Would it be possible to change the library layout with a plugin?
So that you could get a grid of maybe 4x4 or something greater? That way you would need to scroll less, which i my eyes is one of the more time consuming actions with an ereader.
Zurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #62
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Delete please

Last edited by enotar; 11-03-2012 at 02:19 PM.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #63
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
New version uploaded, see first post for more details.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #64
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Thank again !

But, this last (03nov) not work any more with 2.2.0 on Glo.
Even not have clock or progress bar.

I reinstalled the one before it (24oct), and this work back for clock and bar (but always not for Library/Whilist).

Edit: Ok, I haven't seen you write "compatFirmware=2.1.5" instead of the "compatFirmware=0.0.0" from the last release.
It's work all (clock, bar, Whishlist, Discover).

Last edited by azbdsf; 11-03-2012 at 10:01 PM.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #65
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurga View Post
Would it be possible to change the library layout with a plugin?
So that you could get a grid of maybe 4x4 or something greater? That way you would need to scroll less, which i my eyes is one of the more time consuming actions with an ereader.
While we're wishlisting... I would lovelovelove a way to display one of my shelves (or my shortlist, or whatever) on the home screen, a la 1.9.17.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #66
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
New version uploaded, see first post for more details.
This is absolutely amazing, and everything I hoped for
I love the ability to run scripts, and I love that the library button is now a popup-menu like the standard kobo layout - it's a lot faster to get to shelves/books this way

I love it
jkgeyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #67
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Is it possible to modify the size of tapzones for pageturns?
It would like an option to go to the next page by tapping anywhere on the screen left side and right side (except the little middle area for options).
Going back one page via swipe is enough for me.

Another comment, the german translation for the extended Commands "Spezial Kommandos" is a bit weird, makes one think of swat teams. ^^

Perhabs "Sonstiges" or simply "Menü" would be more elegant.

You have a Wifi plugin activated in the current config file, the option shows up in the new menu but doesn't seem to do anything.

If you remove the two reserved custom command slots from the config file, the menu window gets smaller but is drawn starting at the same point as before, leaving an empty space between the window and the Menu button.

Would be nice if it would reposition depending on it's size.

Great work so far.

Last edited by ewphoenix123; 11-04-2012 at 05:08 AM.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #68
Zurga
Zurga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Ikarus9999 thank you very much for this plugin! The custom commands are awesome!

I will try to build an Rss feed reader on the Kobo.
Zurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #69
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
You have a Wifi plugin activated in the current config file, the option shows up in the new menu but doesn't seem to do anything.
It does. Notice that the wifi icon appears. It's useful when e.g. telnetting into the Kobo, as nickel will turn off wifi after some time. I use it to turn on wifi before running scripts that fetches books from the internet, as I know of no way to turn on wifi from the shell.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #70
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgeyti View Post
It does. Notice that the wifi icon appears. It's useful when e.g. telnetting into the Kobo, as nickel will turn off wifi after some time. I use it to turn on wifi before running scripts that fetches books from the internet, as I know of no way to turn on wifi from the shell.
You are right, when there is no wifi symbol it turns wifi on, my bad.

But it doesn't work for me to turn wifi on/off when I deactivated it manually via the option you get from the top-right button before.

Last edited by ewphoenix123; 11-04-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #71
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
G8 stuff
Thank you
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #72
ral67
Enthusiast
ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Great plugin - thanks

I am using it on a Kobo Glo with 2.1.5

some suggestions:

- german translation "Spezial Kommandos" really sounds weird - maybe just use Shortcuts or actually make it configurable

- on the Glo the clock in the footer is only visible when its in the Menu mode - during normal reading I see only the page number

- it would interesting to have a shortcut on the home screen to go directly to the shelves next to Library and Special Commands

- some example for other possible specialy commands would be nice - i.e. how to jump to the shelves or open the last read book

- a way to use the wishlist as a list of books currently reading - maybe an option in the footer to add a book to the wishlist
ral67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #73
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

New version uploaded:

See first post for details.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #74
ewphoenix123
Addict

awesome.

Wifi and the other fixes work perfectly now.

The only thing missing from my wishlist for the startscreen is a way to add a button that leads directly to the shelves submenu.

Last edited by ewphoenix123; 11-05-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #75
jkgeyti

This just keeps getting better and better. I want to build a wireless sync application, and everything is there (enable wifi -> shell script -> refresh), but it feels a little silly to have to push three buttons to sync your library.

Would it be possible to either chain commands (Plugin::connectWifi()::executeSystemCommand()::sy nc(1) - ish), or add something that makes it possible to call the Plugin functions (connectWifi etc.) from a shell script?

If I can get the whole process into a single button, I'll make a nice simplistic sync-tool to support wireless sync.

Tags
kobo, plugin