Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 AM   #16
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
I am open for a discution too. My wife got me the ebook for Christmas. and I just finished Koontz's Breathless last night. I am craqcking open SK's book right now.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Finished it this morning before work and I would very much like to discuss.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It's on the January Book Club Poll (as soon as it's up).

I suspect it may win...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #19
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Just finished it today. It reminded me of a made for TV movie (or that could even have been a Outer Limits episode, who knows) I saw when I was a kid - won't get into details not to spoil anything, of course, but would like to discuss
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm 14% into this, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I sense some more dead bodies around the corner, especially now that Junior has officially been given a gun. (No spoiler here, mates!)

There's only one thing more dangerous than a woman (or man) with a gun - and that's a woman (or man) without a sense of humor. Both can end a party pretty quickly!

Fortunately, Stephen King writes with a sense of humor, especially when the characters are as crazy as hell. And there's a LOT of crazies in this novel.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
This book became one of my top 5 books that I have read!!! I didnt even notice how long the book was it was so good
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm 14% into this, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I sense some more dead bodies around the corner, especially now that Junior has officially been given a gun. (No spoiler here, mates!)

There's only one thing more dangerous than a woman (or man) with a gun - and that's a woman (or man) without a sense of humor. Both can end a party pretty quickly!

Fortunately, Stephen King writes with a sense of humor, especially when the characters are as crazy as hell. And there's a LOT of crazies in this novel.

Don
Hang in there. I envy your first reading. I thought it was a great book.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #23
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Lots of fun and games up to around page 200. Can't wait to get back to bed again tonight and switch the book on. Thanks for the recommendation, folks. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
jament
Enthusiast
jament doesn't litterjament doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Absolutely loved the book. I liked that King explores some of the nature of man concepts without pounding you over the head with them. I live in a small town and I suspect that if we were confronted with a similar situation, where the self-appointed "pillars" of the community could do whatever they wanted for the "good of the town" without interference or reprisal from the outside world - we'd be in a buttload of trouble. And probably dead in a couple of weeks.
jament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #25
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
This book became one of my top 5 books that I have read!!! I didnt even notice how long the book was it was so good
100% agree, the good books fly by. You don't realise how fast you can read when you're enjoying it so much! Or how much time you've sat on the sofa for
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #26
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Did any Lee Child fans who read Under the Dome notice several references to Jack Reacher? I counted at least three.

Last edited by MickeyC; 01-24-2010 at 07:00 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Last night, I watched "The Simpsons Movie" on TV. Yes, I know, a waste of valuable time.

However, I was amazed by the similarity. This movie was made in 2007.

King's book came out in 2009. Now, I"m not saying he used the movie to write the book, expecially since he claims he had the idea in the 70's and 80's.

I just think its odd.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #28
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
There is a rich history of "under the dome" type stories in SF...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #29
kainne
Connoisseur
kainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskainne can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: PRS-700
There was a comic called Girls by the Luna Brothers that had a small town caught under a dome also.
kainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #30
SpecialEd
Enthusiast
SpecialEd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Something else: do you already know the Stephen King-story "UR" in which an ebook reader plays an important role? The cover even shows the Kindle http://www.amazon.com/UR-ebook/dp/B0...883294&sr=1-37 I just found that and that will be the first book I buy when my kindle arrives.
SpecialEd is offline   Reply With Quote