Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 06:43 AM   #91
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here I am staying with the older app on my N7.2 and the new KF6 when I get it. I will use a smaller device for audio books. I have hopes Scribd fixes the Gingerbread issue but I am getting a new phone as hubby really scuffed up mine after I loan it to him for week. Now it has screen scratches and finish is peeling.
Have you decided what phone you are getting?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #92
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
He just loves you so much that he scuffed it up on purpose. This way there is reasonable logical excuse to get a new one. You won't feel guilty about spending the money or to abandon your beloved old phone. It is ultimately his fault anyway.
Uh huh and right now I can't afford a new one but I called my mommy and told her what he did and she is going to help me get a new one. The one I have now is a Optimus Dynamic which is 200MB with Gingerbread and the one I want has 1.7.GB and has KitKat plus it's only $60 at my local Walmart which is the same price as the one I have now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #93
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Have you decided what phone you are getting?
Yea the Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel. It runs off of Verizon as my old phone does and it has KitKat. I wish they had it back in March when I got the old one. Same price too. $60. I like it has rounded corners my Dynamic is awkward to hold.

I will say LG are durable phones. Hubby got into a snit last weekend and threw his phone against the wall on the other side of the room. Quite a tantrum to watch. I was sure the phone would be in pieces but nope it still works all that happen was the battery cover came off and the battery flew under my desk. His old LG Vortex took quite a beaten and fell off a moving car at 40MPH and it still works. I turn it into a mp3 player for him.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-09-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #94
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yea the Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel. It runs off of Verizon as my old phone does and it has KitKat.
So, you are not worried that it has less than 2 GB internal memory, WRT downloading a Scribd audio book?

The phone I ordered has about the same as that one, and I am hoping it is enough space for at least one audio book. I was worried that I should have gotten something with a bigger memory.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
So, you are not worried that it has less than 2 GB internal memory, WRT downloading a Scribd audio book?

The phone I ordered has about the same as that one, and I am hoping it is enough space for at least one audio book. I was worried that I should have gotten something with a bigger memory.
My current phone has 200MB of internal memory and I have 20 apps on it besides all the preinstalled apps and 50MB free. So no I am not worried. My previous phone has 160MB on it so I am moving up in space. I'm still holding hope that the Gingerbread issue will be fixed and then I can use Scribd on my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 with 8GB memory.

Before hubby trashed my phone I was looking at the Moto G for maybe Christmas but now I need a new phone anyway that uses ST and Verizon so this will all work out.
Advert
Old 11-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Yea the Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel. It runs off of Verizon as my old phone does and it has KitKat. I wish they had it back in March when I got the old one. Same price too. $60. I like it has rounded corners my Dynamic is awkward to hold.
Kmart is sell is selling the LG Optimus Fuel for $10 on Black Friday. The ad shows it to be from Net10 Wireless. It's part of the TracFone family just like Straight Talk is. I have no idea if they're interchangeable or not.

A much better phone, the LG Volt from Boost Mobile (Sprint) will also be on sale for $40. It's on the same ad page as the LG Fuel. The Volt has specs very similar to the Moto G2. No idea if Boost Mobile is feasible for you.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #97
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
New version of scribd android app out since 11-26:
Quote:
WHAT'S NEW
What are we thankful for this year? Our friends & families, of course. But also 3.8.1, which makes audiobooks on Scribd even better.

Added notification controls for audiobooks.
The lock screen now shows the cover, title & author of the audiobook you’re listening to.

Audiobooks now automatically pause when you unplug your headphones.
Lots of other fixes & improvements.
Another improvement I noticed is being able to keep listening to audiobook while browsing. Even reading a book while listening to a different (or same) is possible. I believe before it was either reading or listening. Now if they would add more formating options for ebooks.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #98
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, the update fixed my issues with scribd audio books. Now I just need a better phone. I had to uninstall stuff just to apply the update.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Yes, the update fixed my issues with scribd audio books. Now I just need a better phone. I had to uninstall stuff just to apply the update.
I wonder if they added immersion mode for Kindle Fire with the new update?
Old 11-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #100
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I wonder if they added immersion mode for Kindle Fire with the new update?
If you mean full screen without home buttons and notification bar? I can only tell you that on my Note 4 (android 4.4.4) there is immersion mode on scribd app. Also on plain vanilla Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on my Nexus 7 and 10. Don't remember if that is new though.

I would think that immersion mode will work if the android or fire os version support it. The scribd app is capable of it at least as of the last update.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #101
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
If you mean full screen without home buttons and notification bar? I can only tell you that on my Note 4 (android 4.4.4) there is immersion mode on scribd app. Also on plain vanilla Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on my Nexus 7 and 10. Don't remember if that is new though.

I would think that immersion mode will work if the android or fire os version support it. The scribd app is capable of it at least as of the last update.
The Kindle Fire immersion mode does not work on 3.8 but I've always had it on my Nexus 7. So Scribd needs to fix it. I did try the Google Play version on my KF as well as the Kindle fire version. Immersion mode will not work on either which is odd because Moon+ and Mantano both have Immersion mode working with Sangria.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #102
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The Kindle Fire immersion mode does not work on 3.8 but I've always had it on my Nexus 7. So Scribd needs to fix it. I did try the Google Play version on my KF as well as the Kindle fire version. Immersion mode will not work on either which is odd because Moon+ and Mantano both have Immersion mode working with Sangria.
Have you tried 3.8.1 on your Nexus yet? I have to update mine and check it.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #103
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Have you tried 3.8.1 on your Nexus yet? I have to update mine and check it.
Nope I use an old version on my Nexus so I don't get wide margins but on the KF 6 I use the latest version because the old version isn't formatted for a smaller screen.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #104
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nope I use an old version on my Nexus so I don't get wide margins but on the KF 6 I use the latest version because the old version isn't formatted for a smaller screen.
Oh I see....I do it the other way around

So I just updated the Nexus and it is immersion mode, now.

Oh, I think this is a new feature! At the bottom it shows how many pages til the end of the chapter! I love it!

Last edited by booklover6; 11-28-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #105
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Oh I see....I do it the other way around

So I just updated the Nexus and it is immersion mode, now.

Oh, I think this is a new feature! At the bottom it shows how many pages til the end of the chapter! I love it!
I have immersion and the pages til end of chapter on my Nexus, but I use the older version like Blossom because of margins. 3.6.

But the Fire works differently. I was wondering about the new Fires like the 6 inch I just got. My older Fire doesn't have immersion mode no matter what version I use, my Nexus does.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote