Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Steve Jordan books

Ok, finished reading Confessor... (yes read a tree-book) so I need some more stuff to read since McCullum's last Gibralter book isn't out yet. Hmm... So, I finally got a chance to go look at Steve Jordan's book store.

WHAT ????

12 books for $10 ?? !

Ok, no brainer... I will definately pull the trigger on that deal this weekend!

So...

Which books should I start with? Are they all stand alone stories.... or are any of them in a series? Which book should I skip?

Thanks,
BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
If you look on the right side of his website he has a section that explains the reading order. --> http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels.htm

"The First Expedition" is a sequel to "The Onuissance Cells" but the rest are independent. I think it's a great deal myself. I've read the above two books and "As The Mirror Cracks" and enjoyed them very much. Keep up the good writing Steve!
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
If you look on the right side of his website he has a section that explains the reading order. --> http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels.htm
Oh... thanks... I didn't notice that was there.

BOb
Old 05-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Does anyone know, if you buy books from Steve Jordans web site can you download them in multiple formats, or do you have to choose a single format?

Thanks,
BOb
Old 05-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
You have to chose a format, meaning the download Link will only work for one file.
But if you ask Steve nicely he might send you the other format too ... why don't you just convert yourself?

I really enjoyed "Tigers Hide, Lambs Seek" (or was it the other way around?), his first non-SciFi novel and I really hope it wasn't one of a kind.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It was "lambs Hide, Tigers Seek" and I felt it was his best.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok, finished reading Confessor... (yes read a tree-book) so I need some more stuff to read since McCullum's last Gibralter book isn't out yet. Hmm... So, I finally got a chance to go look at Steve Jordan's book store.
Love the Gibraltar series,looking forward to the third book
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
why don't you just convert yourself?
I can, but if it's already been done for me I'd prefer it. Fictionwise multi-format and scifi-az.com let you download any and all formats you want... I was hopping Jordan's did too. I currently have a Kindle and Sony... still deciding how to handle that. Either sell the Sony and get another Kindle or return the Kindle and get another Sony. This is why I've yet to buy a Kindle book yet.

BOb