Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #16
mlajoie
mlajoie began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3 (soon)
lBook Firmware works on Hanlin

I have a Chinese Hanlin V3, and I've flashed the lBook firmware. Works like a charm. There seem to be no compatibility issues between the two. Mine has a cooler logo, though
Old 02-13-2008, 05:02 AM   #17
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
We've got a blog: http://blog.openinkpot.org/
This is totally cool! How do you move the mouse? Would this run on my Chinese version of V3. I understand it has less internal memory. Is it easy to revert to the proprietary V3 image? In other words could I try it out and then return to the old version?
Advert
Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post
This is totally cool! How do you move the mouse? Would this run on my Chinese version of V3. I understand it has less internal memory. Is it easy to revert to the proprietary V3 image? In other words could I try it out and then return to the old version?
What mouse? OpenInkpot is very promising but not ready for prime time yet. Do you have a ROM image of your current version? You would need that to be able to return to that version.

Dale
Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlajoie View Post
I have a Chinese Hanlin V3, and I've flashed the lBook firmware. Works like a charm. There seem to be no compatibility issues between the two. Mine has a cooler logo, though
Thanks for info!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
This is totally cool! How do you move the mouse?
Well, we should hide the cursor anyway, as there is no mouse. But X cursor is very recognizable, so you can say "well, the thing has booted correctly" just after quick look a it.

Quote:
Would this run on my Chinese version of V3. I understand it has less internal memory. Is it easy to revert to the proprietary V3 image? In other words could I try it out and then return to the old version?
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/V3FirmwareUpgrade <- firmware flashing instruction (either original or our). You may get original one from jinke site.
Advert
Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #21
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Quote:
Would this run on my Chinese version of V3. I understand it has less internal memory. Is it easy to revert to the proprietary V3 image? In other words could I try it out and then return to the old version?
It *should*. Both ukrainian and chinese devices should be identical: 64mb of flash, and our firmware currently contains only NFSboot kernel (=1mb).

It is quite hard to brick the device, so you may reflash it to original version anytime, just use the recipie from the link I've posted in previous comment.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #22
elewton
elewton began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
So, if I understand correctly, the Hanlin will be able to act as USB-Host? And thereby use a USB-Keyboard at some point int the future?

That is the real difference between buy and not buying the Jink for me.

Fantastic Project, by the way. I'd love to give it a shot.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #23
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

It should be possible, but nobody managed to make it working yet.

And yes, USB port is unpowered, so you'll need external power.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #24
elewton
elewton began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Excellent!
Thank you.

I'll be able to get a baterry powered USB hub and not waste any power.