Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
montfordgt
montfordgt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Angry Cant transfer from library to reader

I have had my PRS-300 for 13 months. I started using the Sony Library but soon migrated to Calibre. This worked fine until this week.
I have just updated my Calibre to the latest version(7.31). I can get books into the library but can no longer get any books(new or old) from the library to the reader. I can however delete books in the reader and transfer books from reader to Library. Also, to be accurate, I could sometimes transfer 1 book to the reader after a reinstallstion , but all subsequent transfers failed.
In Calibre I got an error message which I sent back to the Calibre bug site and was advised to install an earlier edition(v7.29). No joy, I have also tried with versions 7.19 and 6.29. No joy. I was then advised to reformat the reader. No joy but I also lost all the books on the reader!!
I then (re)installed the latest Sony Library software and got access to the library. I was still unable tranfer books from library to reader. The characteristics of the transfers were identical to those with Calibre.

I have a PC with WindowsXP SP3.

From this it appears to me that it is not a software problem as both applications show the same fault.
Does anyone have any ideas or is a repair job.? I don't want to send it back to Sony only to find that the Hardware is OK and have to pay them for doing nothing.
montfordgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Why not try a simple drag'n'drop using Explorer as the eReader mounts as a disk drive...

Have you checked the version of Python that you're using as calibre site suggests?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, montfordgt
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote