Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
My favorite is "Harlequin", it is a great tribute to Harlan Ellison's Repent, Harlequin! Said the Tick tock man.
(It's got a touch of Batman and Joker in there, too.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #17
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
There still seem to be some problems with the download email. I just ordered the "perfect bundle" and "Chasing the Light". Still no download mail three hours later.
I have already written an email to Steve.

I Loved "The Onnuisance Cells" and I'm looking forward to reading the rest
When I ordered the perfect bundle several months ago, I didn't get my download note during the weekend. That's because the PayPal payment went through as an "electronic check" instead of an "instant transfer" and the download was delayed until after the bank opened on Monday.

In all the time I've been using PayPal, this is the only time that an online purchase was run through as anything other than an instant transfer and I was a bit frustrated having to wait. The wait was worth it.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #18
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Quote:

If you don't get your download e-mail within a few minutes of purchasing, contact me directly at stevej@stevejordanbooks.com, and I'll make sure you get your book!

Please be advised that on the PayPal Receipt of Payment your email is listed as steve@stevejordanbooks.com without the j before the @,. Sending email to that address comes back as "No Such Address"

Also, I ordered the book Sunday night at about 6:15PM EST (from NY) and have not yet recieved the link to download the book.

Thanks
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
I may live in the People's Republic of Washington but last I checked it's still physically in the United States. I sent you a "I want my goodie and read it too!" email from my Paypal registered email account.

You fool around with ePub and look what happens...
But you get no representation!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf View Post
Also, I ordered the book Sunday night at about 6:15PM EST (from NY) and have not yet recieved the link to download the book.
I'll send you the book (see your private messages for detail).
Old 06-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #21
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf View Post
Please be advised that on the PayPal Receipt of Payment your email is listed as steve@stevejordanbooks.com without the j before the @,. Sending email to that address comes back as "No Such Address"
Finally fixed! It took me awhile to figure out where in my PayPal data that was buried!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #22
AMacD
Al
AMacD doesn't litterAMacD doesn't litter

Location: Bardstown, KY as home base, but RV following the seasons.
Device: Kindle1 and Kindle2 and Palm T|X
RSS

Steve, now please update your page so it contains the new book. I have you on an RSS feed and it doesn't show the new book. I would also suggest a techlog entry.
AMacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 AM   #23
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Great Got the books, put them on my cybook, now I just need the time to read them
Oh well - I feel a bad cold coming on - time to get in some sick time
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMacD View Post
Steve, now please update your page so it contains the new book. I have you on an RSS feed and it doesn't show the new book. I would also suggest a techlog entry.
You mean... somebody actually reads the Techlogs!?!??!!!

Your wish is my command... a new RSS entry is already up!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #25
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Hi Steve,

I am not losing my job yet, but If We run out of Natural resources I might. I just bought your book... the new one Chasing the light... keep up the work..

hidari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Yup, the books are on the way, Joerg!

I apologize to everyone about these weird download problems. I was rushed in getting everything together, but I thought everything was working fine when I announced. But I'll get it fixed (if, for no other reason, than I don't want to be worrying about this during my vacation!).

And to everyone else: Thanks so much for the kind words!
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #26
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I am not losing my job yet, but If We run out of Natural resources I might. I just bought your book... the new one Chasing the light... keep up the work..
Thanks!

And I know I said it 3 times already, but... I think I've straightened out the delivery system. Fingers crossed! Also, I now have more detail on the book on the SJB, including the incredible solar cell technology mentioned in the book that is based on actual research being carried out today!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #27
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Thanks!

And I know I said it 3 times already, but... I think I've straightened out the delivery system. Fingers crossed! Also, I now have more detail on the book on the SJB, including the incredible solar cell technology mentioned in the book that is based on actual research being carried out today!
OK, this is odd. I distinctly remember replying to this one! It looks like the forum ate my post. ..

It worked for me when I grabbed 'The Perfect Collection' this morning (got the download link 10 minutes later), but when I bought 'Chasing the Light' an hour or so later, it didn't; I haven't received the link yet.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #28
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
OK, this is odd. I distinctly remember replying to this one! It looks like the forum ate my post. ..

It worked for me when I grabbed 'The Perfect Collection' this morning (got the download link 10 minutes later), but when I bought 'Chasing the Light' an hour or so later, it didn't; I haven't received the link yet.
D'Oh!

...I'll get it, I swear to God!...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
D'Oh!

...I'll get it, I swear to God!...
Yeah, I'm not buying this book until at least twelve people have posted complimenting you on the ease with which it was delivered.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #30
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Thumbs up Very Enjoyable and Thought-Provoking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah, I'm not buying this book until at least twelve people have posted complimenting you on the ease with which it was delivered.
Received the book on July 20 and read it during my vacation. The future world and the dichotomy of the areas within the U.S. was very interesting (don't want to give too much away). The everyday technology was explained well (without giving the reader a headache), and is prompting me to take a fresh look at my own energy use. Can't wait for the Volt Shoes...

Well done!

Sherri
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote