Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2022, 08:35 AM   #211
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
just the one that kobo shows anyway when you tap the menu
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:53 AM   #212
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
just the one that kobo shows anyway when you tap the menu
And the battery percent shown when you tap the battery icon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #213
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks anyway
I'd got used to Miniclock on my previous Kobo and liked being able to glance at the clock while reading. It was good while it lasted.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:08 PM   #214
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not on a (first hw revision) Libra 2, no.

And, while it (mostly) works on a Sage/Elipsa, it had to be far hackier there, so, I'd start weaning myself off .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:22 AM   #215
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Not on a (first hw revision) Libra 2, no.

And, while it (mostly) works on a Sage/Elipsa, it had to be far hackier there, so, I'd start weaning myself off .
Haha, and it's gone! I may go into official mourning

Oh for the halcyon days when I wrote programs and EDS8 was new technology and GEORGE was an operating system and we wrote in PLAN.

I'd have written one myself
Advert
Old 06-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #216
Ned
Ebook reader

And just to record that when all hope was gone, Sherman saved the day with Nickelclock - a simple, clear clock visible while reading that does not destabilise your Kobo.
Well done and Thank You
Old 01-29-2023, 06:51 AM   #217
frereroy
Enthusiast
frereroy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
So glad to have discovered this little app as I have been longing to see the time onscreen since my acquisition of my Kobo 2 years ago. I would, however, love to see the time in 24 hour format, as that is what we generally use in Europe. Thanks.
frereroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 07:04 AM   #218
Bald Eagle
Connoisseur
Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Look for the [display] section in nanoclock.ini. There you can set something like
Code:
[display]
;
; Date format string ( see 'man strftime' )
;
;; In addition may also use {month}, {day}, {battery}.
;; (Look for battery and locale settings further below).
;
format=%d.%m. %H:%M  {battery}
Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:41 PM   #219
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And you can google man strftime if you're not running Linux or macOS.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:09 AM   #220
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Make *very* sure to read this to the end, because there are know caveats on the latest Kobo devices, some of which may be fairly severe.
Which are you calling the "latest" Kobo devices? I see mention of kobo8 and kobo9... what about Clara 2E, kobo10? Would NanoClock work on that?

Thank you
(Yep, you made a thing that I'm now dependent on and it's keeping me from upgrading my device )
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:24 PM   #221
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It definitely won't work on the Elipsa 2E (Mk. 11) (but it probably could, and be safe there, I'm just not confident offloading the testing to someone other than myself, because a snafu could be bad), it's "working" as best it can on Mk. 8 (Sage/Elipsa) IIRC, and it definitely could work on Mk. 9 & 10 (Libra 2 & Clara 2E), except those like to self-implode under the specific workloads this creates, soooo...

TL;DR: I really wouldn't recommended it on anything newer than Mk. 7 . (Check out NickelClock instead)
Old 10-31-2023, 04:52 PM   #222
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
It definitely won't work on the Elipsa 2E (Mk. 11) (but it probably could, and be safe there, I'm just not confident offloading the testing to someone other than myself, because a snafu could be bad), it's "working" as best it can on Mk. 8 (Sage/Elipsa) IIRC, and it definitely could work on Mk. 9 & 10 (Libra 2 & Clara 2E), except those like to self-implode under the specific workloads this creates, soooo...

TL;DR: I really wouldn't recommended it on anything newer than Mk. 7 . (Check out NickelClock instead)
Hahaha just love your descriptions! But sad about the message itself though. I’m not a fan of the strict placement of NickelClock, as I prefer to align the clock differently and customise the font. Sounds like there’s no new e-reader in the cards for me yet…

Many thanks for your elaborate reply!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 10-31-2023 at 05:02 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 11:43 PM   #223
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I prefer to align the clock differently and customise the font
That is doable, especially the font part.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 11:46 PM   #224
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Yeah, font is probably ok to make configurable. Only thing I don't think is possible, or at least advisable, is to alter vertical alignment, as the clock/battery is constrained in the header or footer.

EDIT: I guess my original aim of NickelClock was to be as unobtrusive as possible by using the same font and size as the header or footer.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock