Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
roebeet
Connoisseur
roebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 4 Basic, Kobo Aura
Augen 7 Inch E-Reader for $90 (Kmart)

Kmart link: http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/Def...ailerid=-99572

And a link to the manual: http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/te...bookManual.pdf

Last edited by roebeet; 07-18-2010 at 04:37 PM.
roebeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
laitsabr
Daily Learner
laitsabr doesn't litterlaitsabr doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, 350, 300, 600(sold), 505(dead), Coby 7024
I saw this being on pre-order (online retailers) for $129, so it is a deal. Tried to get hold of one either Kmart-online or in WA, but it looks to be a that-store-only kind of deal... Is there a review on that model? Sure looks tempting enough at that price-point for me to want to give it a try...
laitsabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Reader

Well I got one. Its pretty freaking good so far. Works great on txt and html and pretty good on pdf. You can set your margins and line spacing and justification just for starters. My eyes aren't good enough to really read comics on it though the color art looks quite nice. It doesn't recognize cbr format but if I load up the individual jpgs in a subdirectory you can read it. With younger eyes it might be decent for comics. I haven't tested most of the features but just as an ebook reader for the 3 formats I have tried its quite good. 5 or 6 different fonts and like 6 sizes to pick from. It comes with an uber thick leather case that weighs as much as the reader does. It works fine off sd card. When you plug it up to usb cable the pc sees the device as a portable drive. It doesn't detect the sd card as a seperate drive but most people that have an sd card have a reader. All in all I am VERY impressed. this is a lot like the openbook was SUPPOSED to be but better. Battery life is still a question but its supposed to have 8 hrs unless I am confusing it with another device.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Augen

Oh and kmart takes returns for 3 months as long as you have the receipt so if it dies early or has a fatal flaw it can be returned for a refund.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
laitsabr
Daily Learner

Grr.. now I REALLY am tempted... but not enough to pay $30 more... I saw a few reviews in other threads on this forum. Seems to still be questions on battery longevity?
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
This is a nationwide deal. It's in the Kmart flyer. I picked one up today which I'm sadly going to be returning. It does some things well, but other things are a real problem for me. I will post my observations in the review thread.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
laitsabr
Daily Learner

Thanks, Marcy.
Reading the reviews already posted is making this reader less attractive, for sure...