Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
dxt78
dxt78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle - How to sell

Hi everyone, Sorry to say this, but I am going to try to sell my Amazon kindle. I am an engineer and most of my ebooks are in pdf format - its just too hard to get them to read correctly on the kindle.

So, my question is: since my kindle is already registered, can I still sell it? All of the kindles I see on amazon are new.

Thanks.
dxt78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Yes, you can sell it. Before you ship it you need to deregister it from your Amazon account. This can be done from the "Manage Your Kindle" page.

You might sell it here, in the Flea Market subforum. I'm sure there is someone who wants it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
dxt78
dxt78 began at the beginning.

Hi Nate the Great,
Thanks for the information and suggestion. I've placed an ad in the flea market.
dxt78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
cfw123
Enthusiast
cfw123 began at the beginning.

Problems with .pdf document conversions on Kindle.

Kindle has no problem with reregistering a Kindle. However there is a lot of software to convert pdf files to work properly on the Kindle. Actually I have a lot of such books also. However I assume you know that a pdf document is an image to be printed, and is just plain wrong for any flexible line length device. It is of course a pain, but where else could you read them other than hauling around a PC which has a battery good for only a few hours.

Actually this points out that there is an opportunity for someone to set up a business to do this for you (for a fee of courese). You would email them the .pdf document, and with information provided by you, send them direct to your Kendle which will cost you ten cents each time by Kendle. I don't know what such a service would charge, but it could surely be automated such that there would be very little labor involved, and thus low cost to do.

If you really want to sell your Kindle, there is a huge market for them on EBAY.

Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxt78 View Post
Hi everyone, Sorry to say this, but I am going to try to sell my Amazon kindle. I am an engineer and most of my ebooks are in pdf format - its just too hard to get them to read correctly on the kindle.

So, my question is: since my kindle is already registered, can I still sell it? All of the kindles I see on amazon are new.

Thanks.
cfw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
The trick of course would be to come up with a better way to automate conversion than Amazon/Mobipocket already have done. If you could do that, you could probably just sell that product directly to Amazon way more easily than trying to start and market your own service.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert