Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
Aradan
Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Unhappy M92 Partition Table

Hi, I have an M92 device, but I have a small problem

It has been two times now that when I connect the device in my Linux machine, I can't transfer files, there's an Input/Output error

I can fix that problem using :
Code:
 fsck -r /dev/sdb
(it seems that the partition table or something get messed up)
But it is difficult to do, because the M92 is not recognised some times

I would like to know if someone have had that kind of problem, because I want to be sure that is not a malfunctioning of the internal memory, or is just because the device do not umount properly on my machine.
In the first case, I could send an email to the ereader store, but I don't know if it is a common issue

Regards,
David
Aradan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
hakanus
hakanus began at the beginning.

Device: icarus excel
i get those errors too sometimes. it's a fat thing i think.
hakanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Aradan
Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aradan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh, it seems it is not a hardware problem. Maybe upgrading the firmware could solve it
Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
hakanus
hakanus began at the beginning.

Device: icarus excel
i've been running the newest firmware for months now and i still get these errors from time to time. using ext instead of fat might help (there's a how-to somewhere in the forums or the wiki. don't know whether you can reformat the internal memory, though (i keep all my books on a sd card))
hakanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Try to look in the thread about the M92's firmware. I believe that an answer was done by Booxtor for reformating the internal memory. Otherwise, there is an option to format the memory in the Applications menu, I never try it.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Aradan

Thanks for your comments. I'll take a look to those solutions

Tags
error, fsck, m92, transfer