Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
HarryPutnam
HarryPutnam began at the beginning.

Device: soney ebook library
Where to post about sony Ebook Desktop version

Is there a forum here to post a problem concerning the latest Sony Ebook library software?

The sony forums I see fall under Sony portable readers... and appear to be only about the portable readers.

I want some help on the freebie downloaded Sony Ebook library for use on Desktops
HarryPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Post here if you like, HarryPutnam. If the other moderators don't think that it's the right place then they can move the thread.
What problems have you been having with Ebook library?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
HarryPutnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Post here if you like, HarryPutnam. If the other moderators don't think that it's the right place then they can move the thread.
What problems have you been having with Ebook library?
I've been running the pc version of sony ebook library on vista home premium (on a laptop) for several mnths... I use other readers and prefer mobi mostly.

But I've found it very hand the way I can swing between the bookstore and sony ebook reader, search and make purchases all in one app.

In mobi you can access a store too but it has no search tool so way too backward if you want to find books quickly.

Anyway, I've read dozens of books in sony ebook library with no problems. But just today I had an unexpected hard powerdown while reading with sony ebook library software. (not the first time its happened)

But this time on reboot...when I start the reader it goes into a freeze that seems to be interminable... I've given it as much as 1/2 hr to recover... but no dice.

So suddenly its useless. However I just bought a couple of new books from the sony store, so would like to get it functioning again.

I hoped there might be a configuration file I could just delete and start new, but I see nothing like that in its install directory.

I've tried complete uninstall and complete new install... doesn't seem to help at all. I still see the same serious freeze and cannot proceed.

Last edited by HarryPutnam; 06-14-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This thread just might help:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16796
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Man I hate Vista. I have an Ultimate and it freezes up like ME used to. I suggest to uninstall the library and reinstall it. Can't hurt. Another suggestion might be to do a system restore to a previous restore point when everything worked ok.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader

These too might be useful. A lot of people seem to have had this problem.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23474
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40494
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40987
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26849
Old 06-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
HarryPutnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Yesss... Funny thing... I had scanned that very thread since it turned up in a google search on `sony ebook library freeze'. However On a quickie scan I took the notion it was all about problems with plugging in actual mobile readers and I'm concerned with the PC desktop reader.

However the quoted advice from Sony tech dept in that thread details files to delete by hand following an uninstall... and sure enough .. after deleting those and reinstalling.... I'm back in business.... Thanks
Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
Patricia
Reader

I'm glad that it worked.