Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
dalkema
dalkema began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
re install problems

when i try to install calibre it says a minor error has ccured and not installed try again later. Lost my Calibre program while trying to update it. (uninstalled). Can only get Calibre portable to work. Any way to get back all the meta data I had for each book?
dalkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkema View Post
when i try to install calibre it says a minor error has ccured and not installed try again later. Lost my Calibre program while trying to update it. (uninstalled). Can only get Calibre portable to work. Any way to get back all the meta data I had for each book?
metadata.db should still be there with all your books in the Library folder.
If that is damaged beyond repair (use the repair tool on the Library Icon arrow), there is a OPF and cover.jpg file stored with each title that the Rebuild tool (same place) will use.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
dalkema

re install problems now backed up metadata

Have tried and failed. Where is the backup metadata stored. I had backed up the books medadata regularly and can't locate these files.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkema View Post
Have tried and failed. Where is the backup metadata stored. I had backed up the books medadata regularly and can't locate these files.
The backup metadata is in the books (title) folder. 1 OPF per folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
dalkema

Thank you, Problem resolved
Advert