Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Gerry Beard
Gerry Beard began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO touch
KOBO Touch and Calibre - syncing problems

Hi Everyone - I've only just joined up, and its very reassuring to be among knowledgable and friendly folk.
My problem is as follows:
Before downloading Calibre (whose existence I was unaware of until arriving here!) I managed to load books using Kobo desktop software, however more often than not when plugging in the USB cable my Kobo T would only display the connect to computer screen for a second and then revert back to the home page. It was as if the cable connection was dodgy.
Now Calibre has difficulty in locating the device. Wireless network is set up and seems OK, can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?
Many thanks for reading this.
Gerry
Gerry Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gerry and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer here soon, try posting your question in our Calibre section.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Happy Halloween!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome Gerry
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote