Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #526
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Buggins, I've just received my Asus Transformer Prime with Android 4.0.3 and CR (3.0.55-32 -Last in market) has some strange behavior:

-When connected to the keyboard, CR does some strange flashes in the left part of the screen. It is like TV noise when not receiving channel, but in color. It appears from left side, displaces until mid screen and disappears. It last less than a second, and happens very frequently.

-When disconnected from keyboard, it does some horizontal lines flashing. Same as digital TV when it has bad signal, but lines are very thin and flashing lasts less than one second.

In my Acer Iconia TAB A500 (with Android 3.2) CR works fine.

All other programs works in tablet (for example Mantano Reader or Adobe X, that I use to read PDF), and games works fine too, then I discard some memory or screen hardware problem and I think it is a ICE CREAM one...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #527
TJay
TJay began at the beginning.

Device: NST
I'm using a rooted Nook Touch with Android 2.1 and, as I've said before, I love CoolReader.

I'm trying to figure out what the fundamental difference is between the "Fast" and "Fast2" screen update mode. Anyone know? (I currently use "Fast" with an interval of "7" for reading.)
TJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #528
sciurius
Enthusiast
sciurius doesn't littersciurius doesn't litter

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I cannot test it out, since the CR version I have currently installed disables the soft buttons and there's no way to get into the other menus.
I reinstalled 3.0.55-32 from Market, and have not been able to reproduce any of this.
sciurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #529
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
meta-data

I have just installed CR on my rooted nook touch, it suits all my needs and work beautifully. The only thing I can't find is how to view a books (epub from calibre) meta-data, is this possible?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #530
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
could you develop a special version of coolreader for sony prs t1 that support partial refresh, please?
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #531
Fewns
Fewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enough

Device: PW2
just saying thanks, coolreader makes the sony stock reader look silly
Fewns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #532
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
I just updated my Nook to 1.1 and rerooted it. I have loaded CR 3.0.45-07. My screen saver settings still only show Authors and Nature. One of my favorite features of Cool Reader is seeing my book cover. I see in this thread that there are later versions of CR but they seem to have other problems with the cover pages. Any idea what I can do to get my book covers back?

Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #533
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I just updated my Nook to 1.1 and rerooted it. I have loaded CR 3.0.45-07. My screen saver settings still only show Authors and Nature. One of my favorite features of Cool Reader is seeing my book cover. I see in this thread that there are later versions of CR but they seem to have other problems with the cover pages. Any idea what I can do to get my book covers back?

Jackie
get the latest version their is no problems with covers
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #534
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks. I did install 3.0.55-32 and everything is fine. Great product.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #535
jjansen
J

Maybe I spoke too soon. When I turn a page the screen flashes with black stripes down the page. Maybe stripes isn't the best term but the flashing is really bad. the screen flashes with these "stripes" running from top to bottom about 3 times. Is there a refresh setting or something I should be changing?

Thanks for the help that I have received in this forum........Jackie
Old 02-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #536
jjansen
J

Just as an added comment to my page turning concern. I thought that I saw an option in an earlier release about animation on the page turn. I can't find this option anymore. Just wondering, if it is still there somewhere, if that is causing the problem.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #537
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Just as an added comment to my page turning concern. I thought that I saw an option in an earlier release about animation on the page turn. I can't find this option anymore. Just wondering, if it is still there somewhere, if that is causing the problem.
check in settings that view mode is set to pages and not to scroll thats the only thing I can think of
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #538
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Question

Just installed CoolReader and I'm loving the interface and the flexibility. I am having one problem and a search of this thread hasn't turned up a similar one, so thus, no answer! I'm using an Android 2.3 tablet, and accessing my Calibre content server using the 8080 port - so far, so good. I can see all the various sort methods and it appears to show the appropriate number of books in each category, etc. So I tapped the tag for "Thrillers" which contains about 175 books. When it goes to that directory, however, I can only see the first 20 or so, and can't figure out a way to move forward to see the remaining books. Am I being dense and missing something simple? Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by ClairePMR; 02-19-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Missing word!
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #539
Roxxas049
Roxxas049 doesn't litterRoxxas049 doesn't litter

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklls View Post
Just installed CoolReader and I'm loving the interface and the flexibility. I am having one problem and a search of this thread hasn't turned up a similar one, so thus, no answer! I'm using an Android 2.3 tablet, and accessing my Calibre content server using the 8080 port - so far, so good. I can see all the various sort methods and it appears to show the appropriate number of books in each category, etc. So I tapped the tag for "Thrillers" which contains about 175 books. When it goes to that directory, however, I can only see the first 20 or so, and can't figure out a way to move forward to see the remaining books. Am I being dense and missing something simple? Advice would be greatly appreciated!

The only way I know how to get around this is in Calibre itself, in preferences under the subheading sharing over the net there is an item named "Max. OPDS items per query" make that 175 and you should be able to see the rest.
Roxxas049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #540
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxas049 View Post
The only way I know how to get around this is in Calibre itself, in preferences under the subheading sharing over the net there is an item named "Max. OPDS items per query" make that 175 and you should be able to see the rest.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

ETA: Sending Karma, 'cause this worked like a charm!

Last edited by ClairePMR; 02-20-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Update status.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader