Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
leefa
leefa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
Fetch Annotations not working

Fetch Annotations not working. I just upgraded to the newest version of Calibre 8.14 and it's not working anymore. I tried deleting from my kindle, reconverting the book, sending to kindle, opening the book on the kindle and adding a bookmark, and reopening calibre, fetch annotations. no annotations in the metadata
leefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fetch annotations only works with older kindles and even on those was experimental.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Fetch annotations only works with older kindles and even on those was experimental.
Wow, finally a pro for not updating to a newer kindle.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
It works for my Kindle. Calibre imports the mbp-file and my clippings-file, and bookmarks&last page read are imported into comments.

Are you talking about something else, or am I just lucky?
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're lucky.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
It works for me as well, I love this feature.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I guess I am lucky also because it works every time for my K2I, the only time I have problems is if the book on the kindle is not where Calibre thinks it should be. To correct this I just send a second copy to the kindle, rename the mbp to the same as the second book, delete the first one and then re-run the annotations download. I run into this problem because I use a specific template for the naming conventions of my book and if the book was put on the kindle before I changed the metadata in Calibre, I could end up with conflicts.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It was designed for and quite likely still works with kindle 2s and kindle 3s with the old firmware, just not kindle 3s with newer firmware.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #9
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Kindle FW ?

Quote:
It was designed for and quite likely still works with kindle 2s and kindle 3s with the old firmware, just not kindle 3s with newer firmware.
Hi Kovid
Have K3, FW 3.1, newest AFAIK, for the regular K3.
Fetch annotations works like a charm, and I would hate to loose it.
(The K3 with adverts could have newer FW.)
Do you have any info about specific K3 FW versions breaking this functionallity ?

Brgds, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Nope, I didn't write this feature (GRiker did) so I dont really have any special info on it. If it works for you, enjoy it, if it doesn't, you're out of luck.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #11
pachobv
pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pachobv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePaperwhite
Does this work with kindle papaerwhite?
pachobv is offline   Reply With Quote