Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
adept22
adept22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Search Replcae error on custom field

I have a custom series field called readingorder. I am trying to do a find replace from series_index field and set the destination field as the #readeringorder_index. however when i try and run it i get an error below. I have checked the integrity and its all fine.

Librarydatabase2 object has no attribute 'set_#readingorder_index'
adept22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See ticket http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/9397
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
adept22

HI chaley i have given that a try but i am having some issues. The field I am using is the {author} field. i have loaded a number into that. in this case 2. So i goto search and replace, select {template} as search field. in Template i am typing Dragonlance[{authors}], Setting destination field to #reading order. Click ok and what appears in the reading order columsn is dragonlance[2] book 1, dragonlance[6] book 1. When in fact it should be dragonlance book2, dragonlance book 6.it seems its not recognizing the [] as being the book number? am i doing something wrong?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There must be a space between the word and the [], or in your case "Drangonlance [2]". The reason for this is safety - calibre interprets the value as a series index only if the string matches one that calibre will produce, in order to avoid messing up things like "SomeSeries[3] [5]" (yes, this kind of series name really happens ).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
adept22

sweet worked a treat thanks for the help
Advert