Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #16
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Kobo automatically puts every book you have opened into a "I'm Reading List". I had to create an "I'm Reading" collection on my Kindle 3 to be able to flip back and forth between several books. The Kobo cannot do anything else on your list.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
The Elonex 511EB gives you the recently read list automatically, but falls down in that it can't do the author sort. It can sort by size and date, though, as well as title.

It can't do anything else on the list, though if you hold down the page down button for longer than a quick press it will "fast forward". The pages don't turn but when you release the button you will have jumped further into the book. That would be much more useful if the progress bar actually updated while you had the button pressed down, though!

You can jump to any page, or search for text, but not get a page selected randomly for you.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Quote:
4) Picture fills the screen. I'd love to be able to have any image shown at my choice of "full original size" (if small) or "fills viewing screen", preferably switchable between landscape & portrait. Image support in ebooks is far enough behind physical books (200 dpi max?!) that this could help cover the gap until we get print-quality displays, which I suspect are not happening soon. Or at least, not happening soon & cheap.

The Kindle does this. Select a picture and press <Enter> and it expands to full screen.
So does the JetBook Lite.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #19
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Oh- almost forgot- On Boox/Neo you can just touch the progress bar and it will jump to that section of the book. So if you want "jump to random page" you just touch the progress bar.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote