Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
early model netbook

Is anyone interested in an old, cheap, 1kg laptop? I have several that I had been planning to sell on Ebay. unfortunately, the prices cuts of new netbooks has basically killed the used market. I really just want to get my costs back on these.

The laptop in question is the NEC MobilePro 800. Here are the salient details:
9" color touchscreen, 800x600 resolution
PC card slot
CF card slot (up to 8GB tested and working)
USB (supports most thumb drives)
modem
IrDa
131 Mhz MIPS CPU
32MB RAM
WinCE 2.11

I use one of these laptops as a supplement to my main laptop. I keep it around mainly for certain all day meetings when I know I won't have access to an outlet. I've been getting about 8 hours battery life. I also use it any time I have to work outside. This screen has excellent visibility in sunlight.

Since I use one, I can help you find drivers and software. I am also going to provide a CD of stuff I've tested on my laptop so you will know will run on yours. For instance, you will need a particular driver in order to use USB thumb drives. I have it already.

The two pieces of software I use the most on this laptop is IE2.0 and MS Pocket Office. I have used this laptop to browse the web. It is more than adequate, but it cannot do Flash or JavaScript. It's just too old. I also use MS Pocket Office for document creation. It includes Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Outlook. This software is slightly out of date, so it's not completely compatible with the latest version of MS Office. The only one I've actually had trouble with is Powerpoint, and that's mainly because so many new features have been invented since this version of the software was released.

Condition
Each laptop is in very good cosmetic condition, with almost no scratched or scuff marks. The screen works, and the stylus is included. The card slots work. The battery is brand new, still in the box. (That's how I bought them.) I can provide the battery in the box or I can charge it for you. The AC adapter is of course included. I also have 2GB CF cards that I planned to include in the Ebay auction. They are $10 extra.

I would like to get $70 + shipping. In the US, the cheapest way to ship one is USPS Flat Rate Box, but I can ship ship UPS or FedEx if desired. I would prefer to be paid by Paypal, but I am open to other suggestions.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Here is a review of a related model. It's only a very slight improvement in the CPU. The size and shape of the two devices are the same.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/hardware/nec/mp-880/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert