Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #16
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Way cool! Thanks, there was/is a lot of good info there.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #17
Dumas
Connoisseur
Dumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enough

Device: Nokia N810, enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe
Thanks for putting that up.
Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #18
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Great work!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:16 AM   #19
Sjarrel
The Trying Dutchman
Sjarrel began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Thank you very much! It gives me some nostalgic feelings.
Sjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
All may not be lost yet.

I have received a an e-mail from the main European supplier in reply to a question of mine.

It appears the name and IP of Entourage has been bought by a Russian publisher that wants to continue with the products.

I see no reason to disbelieve this but how long it will take for the change over is unknown.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #21
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
It appears the name and IP of Entourage has been bought by a Russian publisher that wants to continue with the products.
That would be a funny twist! If they could get them to North America....

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #22
paula-t
paula-t began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
All may not be lost yet.

I knew it would be an Epic Win all the time! They will now produce the Petite Lap Edge.

Jokes apart, if my previous experience with the ingenuity and resourcefulness of Russian developers is true, maybe we still can expect good things to come.

This forum as well as the now extinct Entourage forum have probably been the sites for the deepest and most comprehensive analysis of why the Edge failed to find its deserved place among ereaders and devices, and why it couldn't survive.

However, after all it has been said here and there, I still cannot understand how nobody saw its potential and its unique features, which, truth be said, no other device has managed to replace completely.

So I still hope some visionary will pay attention to the Edge and decide to turn it into something better. How naive of me... I know.

Anyway, Ivan, thanks for the information.
paula-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
SandBird
SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Cool Forums search function is up

Hey,

Just to close this chapter I wanted to let you know that the search function is up.
I don't take responsibility if the returned results are accurate or if it works as it should - I'm sure you'll agree that it's better to have it than not.

I wanted to upload some useful links but not sure if it's relevant.

Anyways, enjoy and have a great day!

SandBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #24
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
Unfortunately, the future of the Edge isn't in the hands of intrepid Russian developers, but in the hands of Russian financers. We don't have any indication that they're better than the usual type of Russian financers who buy cut-rate IP from botched Turkish-American-run firms (you know the type).

Financiers of whatever nationalilty tend to be more vainglorious than bright.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #25
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandBird View Post
Hello eDGe users,

I just wanted to let you know that the mirror website is up.
Please note that the forums aren't active, they are there for browsing - meaning, no log-in, posting, search etc. functions are available.
I plan to add a search function but can't promise anything.

I hope this will be beneficial and useful to all (I know I still look at it from time to time).

In addition I added a mirror to the support and some files including the newly uploaded Ermine firmware. Just go ahead and check it out.

So no more moments
Oh, and the link is: http://www.ethanphoenix.com/entourageedge/

Enjoy!
Very nice! Much appreciated - Karma to you!
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #26
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Hello eDGe users,

I just wanted to let you know that the mirror website is up.
Please note that the forums aren't active, they are there for browsing - meaning, no log-in, posting, search etc. functions are available.
I plan to add a search function but can't promise anything.

I hope this will be beneficial and useful to all (I know I still look at it from time to time).

In addition I added a mirror to the support and some files including the newly uploaded Ermine firmware. Just go ahead and check it out.

So no more moments
Oh, and the link is: http://www.ethanphoenix.com/entourageedge/

Enjoy!
Nice layout and I like the search(I haven't had enough time lately to work on search for mine, and now I don't have to!). If you don't mind me asking, how did you back it up? It seems as though yours doesn't suffer from a few of the threaded problems of my backup... Nice work!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #27
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

My experience with the Russians buying out tech products I use has not been good. Nor has it been secure. I doubt I'd trust any code coming from there.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #28
SandBird
SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SandBird has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
... how did you back it up?
I just used freeware program (WinWSD or WinHTTRACK); it did a very messy job (2GB of stuff) and I had to go in and tweak minor things to make it work. I'm sure there are duplicate entries etc. but was to "afraid" the the forum site will be closed so I just wanted to get it. (I planned on re-downloading it, more organized but even the forums link don't work anymore, at least not for me).

To make everyone's life easy, I think I'll upload the forums as an archive (zip) so people can download it and have it for themselves in the future (as usual, I do not guarantee it'll work properly) - it'll be in the files section; stay tuned.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #29
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
I just used freeware program (WinWSD or WinHTTRACK); it did a very messy job (2GB of stuff) and I had to go in and tweak minor things to make it work. I'm sure there are duplicate entries etc. but was to "afraid" the the forum site will be closed so I just wanted to get it. (I planned on re-downloading it, more organized but even the forums link don't work anymore, at least not for me).
How large did your backup ending up being? Mine was ~8GB and it seems to have downloaded everything...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #30
SandBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
How large did your backup ending up being? Mine was ~8GB and it seems to have downloaded everything...
~2GB, I limit the d/l to only the forums path. I believe it downloaded all the informative and forum portion (I even saw it downloaded some attachments) but any link that was to some other site (domain) or out of the "forums" path it kept only as a link.
You can go a head and take a look soon, as I am uploading the zip files right now to the "Files" section (under archives folder).