Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #376
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
.... and it works great!!!

@Goner: does COPS work with all your e-readers?

What is your experience with COPS and your DS212j?

I think that my DS110j should be just that little bit snappier in serving epubs, especially with larger libraries.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #377
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
We only have 1 e-reader that has wi-fi (Sony PRS-T1) and it works fine with COPS.
Unfortunately downloading epubs on my Android tablet (Archos G9) fails.

I only have about 100 books in Calibre, we only put in what we intend to read, and that comes up fast in COPS on the DS212j.
Installation is easy, only had to change the PHP open_basedir and I added a .htaccess for security.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #378
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
LOL, I wasn't looking for an excuse !
EDIT : Just noticed that when you update the package , your .htaccess is overwritten with the sample file !!
Yes I already had a report about that : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/56

Will fix it soon.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #379
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Unfortunately downloading epubs on my Android tablet (Archos G9) fails.
About your failing downloads with Android, can you confirm they appear when you're using the default browser / Chrome and if your catalog is password protected.

If that's true, then your only way is to use an OPDS client (FBReader, Mantano, ...) it will work fine.

If my assumptions are true then it's an Android bug : http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1353

If not can you provide more information to help me to reproduce it.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #380
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Quote:
snip
.....and I added a .htaccess for security.
Your Synology is "world" readable? [yes of course you ]
If not, protecting your synology with a .htaccess file is a bit ..... overdone(?)

If yes, did you use an "encrypted" password and the .htpasswd file placed outside of your web directory?

Have fun
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #381
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
About your failing downloads with Android, can you confirm they appear when you're using the default browser / Chrome and if your catalog is password protected.
Ah, so that's it !
I just downloaded an epub from the WinXP/XAMPP/COPS setup without authentication and that went just fine ; it downloaded and Aldiko picked it up and put it on the bookshelf.
The problem occurred with COPS on the DS212j where the folder has basic authentication (.htaccess).
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #382
Grishka
Grishka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello there !

I've just began to use COPS with my Synology DS213, and it's really a great solution.

Only one problem : from some hardware, when I try to download a ebook, I see a message from the Synology : sorry, you're file is not here. Any idea ?

Anyway, thank you for COPS
Grishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #383
mariosipad
Guru

Some questions to help pinpoint the problem:

What "hardware" gives a problem?

If you try to download an ePub with "other hardware", does that work?

Do you use the web-interface or the OPDS-interface?

Let's fix your problems!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #384
Grishka

Hey. I should had provide the details earlier, sorry about that (and for my english).

If I try to download from iOS (iPad 1 and iPhone 4), error, no file.
If I try to download from a web navigator, it's working.

For information :
I Use the default COPS Web interface.
Access online via IP adress + port 1007 (settings in the synology interface).

The problem is the same over Wi-Fi or 3G.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #385
mariosipad
Guru

No problem (nor with your english).

With what iOS app are you trying to connect to COPS?

[For instance: Stanza, Shubook, Marvin]
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #386
Grishka

Well, with Shubook, I got a "Error from download server". I didn't try with Stanza, but I will with Marvin.

Edit : in fact, I obtain the same error message from the Synology if I use a classic browser on computer (chrome for instance).

Edit 2 : Ok, Marvin stand for a wonderful Authentification error :-)

Last edited by Grishka; 04-19-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #387
mariosipad
Guru

Ok, you have definitely a "problem".

1st - Let's check if COPS works with your iOS apps.
-> startup Marvin and add the "COPS-demo" library to your OPDS Catalogs
-> see pictures 1 + 2 attached

If this works and you can connect to COPS demo and download an read "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" then

2nd - check the COPS installation on our Synology.
-> open Config_local.php
-> check if the following line is present

$config['calibre_directory'] = './calibre/';

Where calibre is the directory your ebooks are in. You may have named it different like "Calibre library"

3rd - Connect with Marvin to your Synology from within your Lan.

use: http://<lan-ip-of-your-synology>

What output do you get? ........... (to be continued?)
Old 04-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #388
Grishka

Hello

So, my config_local.php is ok (./Data/ since the folder is web/cops/Data/)

I tried reinstalling cops, and now he can't find the metadata.db (web and lan access)... config_local.php is still right.

I'm gonna try Marvin tonight with the cops-demo.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #389
mariosipad
Guru

First check if the file "metadata.db" is in /web/cops/Data.

Check if it is Data or data (makes a difference!)
Old 04-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #390
Grishka

Data is good. To make sure, I change both folder and config to data. No change.

metadata.db is in the right folder (/data).

Always the same error on Cops Configuration Check (error 1).

Edit : Ok it's working ! After some desperation time, turn out it was a *simple* php permission problem. The data folder was a copy from a personal directory on the NAS, with herited permissions. I can sleep now :-) Thanks for the help !

Last edited by Grishka; 04-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology