Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
Nicky_oz
Enthusiast
Nicky_oz doesn't litterNicky_oz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, Nook, Kindle Keyboard, iPad.
Hello from sunny Australia

Hi everyone!

I'm from down under, and I love to read but the choice of e-readers is appalling, and I'd love to get some advice and read up on everyone's opinion on this lovely forum!
So far it has been a fantastic read, I would love to contribute anyway I can, don't know much about e-readers but I am a big techie and work in the IT industry and would love to help out . Here to learn about the wonderful and new world that is e-books and e-readers.
I got referred to this lovely forum from a great Aussie one called Whirlpool, highly recommend it as well, for all things technical.

Cheers from sunny Sydney!

Nicky
Nicky_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Sunny my arse! I just looked up your weather and its as crappy as ours only colder.
Welcome to MR Nicky. They are a great bunch in here and there's lot of Ozzies.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, iPhone
Sunny?! Have you been drinking? LOL

I'm up the road in the Hunter Valley and the weather is foul.

I'm a newbie as well, and everyone seems very friendly and helpful here
*reg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Nicky and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Nicky. Many Oz members here and, from what they say, you've got to be careful with your choice of reader Down Under. But those who have been seem happy as larry with their machines. Check out some of their posts before pulling the trigger. Best wishes. Neil

PS: Ever wonder who Larry was, Nicky? A piece of trivia for you: he was an Australian boxer at the turn of the nineteenth/twentieth century, well known for his giggles. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	gday.gif
Views:	177
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	54717 Nicky, and welcome to the forum, rain or shine.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Nicky_oz
Enthusiast
Nicky_oz doesn't litterNicky_oz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, Nook, Kindle Keyboard, iPad.
Thank you everyone!!!!! what a lovely welcome. Although sneakySnake i'm a girl, so Miss Nicky for now (no Mr Nicky at the moment!)

And yes Sunny Sydney no more it has been damn cold and miserable but I was testing you all to see if you really know that Australia isn't one big beach party with koala's and kangaroos! hehe.

Neilmarr thank you, I had no idea about Larry!!!! everyone says that I figured it was from the US.

And yes living here is a total pain for so many reasons.. so far battling between the Kindle and Nook.. see what happens. I'm resisting the Kobo.
Nicky_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Nicky and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #12
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_oz View Post
Thank you everyone!!!!! what a lovely welcome. Although sneakySnake i'm a girl, so Miss Nicky for now (no Mr Nicky at the moment!)

And yes Sunny Sydney no more it has been damn cold and miserable but I was testing you all to see if you really know that Australia isn't one big beach party with koala's and kangaroos! hehe.

Neilmarr thank you, I had no idea about Larry!!!! everyone says that I figured it was from the US.

And yes living here is a total pain for so many reasons.. so far battling between the Kindle and Nook.. see what happens. I'm resisting the Kobo.
Sorry Nicky Chickybabe! MR = MobileRead I wasn't suggesting you are a bloke
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #13
Blizz
Blizz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi from not-very-sunny-either Brisbane, Nicky!

I am new to this forum myself and (despite having listed the BeBook Neo - as this is what I initially wanted to purchase) am still very much researching and deciding.

It is such a hard choice when you're in Australia isn't it? I have a slight preference to purchase locally (even if the actual device is manufactured overseas) and that drastically limits the options.

I am starting to narrow it down though. Definitely no Kobo. Not overly keen on any of the cheaper options (OfficeWorks, JB HiFI), not sure about the iRiver Story (don't like the keyboard). And I don't want to be locked into one particular store and/ ior format.

Is there anyone here who has the ECOReader and the BeBook Neo? How do they compare? I don't necessarily need WiFi, but I do like the extra storage and better greyscales the Neo offers. Hefty pricetag though!

Sorry to highjack your post like this...
Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #14
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Blizz

Welcome to mobileread ....
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #15
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_oz View Post

It Isn't !

Okay, must go now and feed the haggis their morning whisky .....