Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
kkkidder
kkkidder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Cannot install calibre on ubuntu 8.04

Hello,

Calibre was recommended on Lifehacker, and I could really use this app.

I could not get it to install using the terminal commands. The problem here was with "pyqtconfig". I did install all the dependencies on the list (using Package Manager), assuming that Qt = qt4.

I tried the binary install, but when it began to extract the application files, I got this error message:

/home/katrina/Desktop/calibre/calibre_postinstall: line 7: 7693 Illegal instruction $loader "$@"

I have a Linux-only computer and do not use Windows or OSX, so if disabling any of the cross-platform aspects will help, that's fine with me.

Any suggestions? As I say, getting this working would unclog my pipelines and make me grateful. Thanks!

K

PS. Any chance it will appear in the Synaptic Package Manager?
kkkidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre is going to be part of Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope, so just wait a month and upgrade
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
install problem, ubuntu 8.04