Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-11-2005, 08:43 AM   #1
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EasyConvert for FontSmoother and Plucker alpha

I've extended my EasyConvert to generate antialiased Plucker font packages in addition to FontSmoother ones. The alpha test version is at http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=83582

Editor's Note: We are delighted to highlight this new version of software related to FontSmoother as it is an excellent software contribution to ebook reading, and I happen to think the author's a great guy also.

You may wonder why we put some announcements from software authors and companies and not others, so I want to just briefly share my own thinking on this topic. I'm sure it seems a bit random, and that's because in a way it is a bit random. But there are some obvious factors that influence what we post or move to the front page. Certainly participating members of our site tend to get a lot more attention from us because they are a part of us and we know him or her. Products or programs should be useful and "on target" for our audience, because we are always trying to present items that will be interesting to our readers. And then there's the truly random factors like whether or not the item got our attention and what kind of mood we're in that day, how busy we are, etc!

It's also certainly the case that something written up in a form that's ready to publish is most likely to get posted. It takes time to rewrite or repackage something, for example a standard press release or a blatant ad, so that sort of thing has to really get our attention, or catch us when we're hunting for news and have time to write it up. So, hopefully, the items that we find interesting will also be interesting to many of you, our readers. [BobR]
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote