Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Tags

While importing some ebooks into my Sony software, some of them that I downloaded from mobileread.com are blank in the author field in list mode. Is there a way to modify this so it will sort correctly when I sort by author? Thanks.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmedic View Post
While importing some ebooks into my Sony software, some of them that I downloaded from mobileread.com are blank in the author field in list mode. Is there a way to modify this so it will sort correctly when I sort by author? Thanks.

David S.
I believe that info is in the metadata. Maybe Calibre (free DL - Google it) will allow you to add/change the metadata. You'll probably get more definitive help from a Calibre user.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
pcmedic
Enthusiast

Thanks. I had a feeling I would have to use that, but I wasn't sure if I could change that in the software.

David S.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You should also let the original uploader know that this info is missing on the ebook thread so that they can rectify it and upload a new version.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
pcmedic
Enthusiast

It looks like Calibre is going to work like a charm. Thanks again.

David S.
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
pcmedic
Enthusiast

Well, it isn't the metadata. In Calibre it displays fine. Must be a bug with the ebook reader software. Has anyone else seen this?

David S.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #7
pcmedic
Enthusiast

I may have figured it out. Even though it displays correctly, I still have to re-save it. This has worked on the first couple I tried.

David S.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
milan616
milan616 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Just an FYI, if you have an RTF file you can set the metadata in MS Word (and probably the OpenOffice equivalent). Just make sure when you open the file, if Word puts "[Compatibility Mode]" to click convert in the file menu. Then in the document properties set the Author, Title, etc.
milan616 is offline   Reply With Quote