Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2015, 02:47 AM   #1
AnnGirdharry
Enthusiast
AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
would you share your experience of "Affiliate Links" ?

Hello everyone,

I just added Amazon affiliate links to my website. Strangely, Amazon UK and Amazon USA agreed to me using their links and Amazon Germany refused.

I have yet to fathom why Amazon Germany refused.

Does anyone have both Amazon affiliate links on their webpage/blog and Apple affiliate links or those from other distributors?

I have an Apple link also but was careful to put it on a separate page to the Amazon ones since I'd heard that Amazon and Apple can and have refused requests to add affiliate links when their competitors are also present?

1. Does anyone have experience of this?

2. Have you found affiliate links to be worthwhile financially? I saw that Amazon has a clause that you forfeit your month's earnings if 80%of your sales were free Kindle books and you sold over 10 000 copies of such books.

Those are large figures and I've no idea if I'll reach that number of sold copies but very likely most of my sales at the moment would be during free promotions...

anyone willing to share their experience?
best,
Ann Girdharry
AnnGirdharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I would, but I don't have any affiliate links. (Just thought you should know you weren't being ignored, just didn't have anything useful say )
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #3
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I use Amazon affiliate links, but not Apple, so no useful info from me either, I'm afraid.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:33 AM   #4
AnnGirdharry
Enthusiast
AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnGirdharry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
thanks for your responses gmw and Nancy Fulda - this doesn't seem a topic that interests many people,
have a good weekend,
Ann Girdharry
AnnGirdharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #5
JwkOKC
Enthusiast
JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JwkOKC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnGirdharry View Post
Hello everyone,

I just added Amazon affiliate links to my website. Strangely, Amazon UK and Amazon USA agreed to me using their links and Amazon Germany refused.

I have yet to fathom why Amazon Germany refused.

Does anyone have both Amazon affiliate links on their webpage/blog and Apple affiliate links or those from other distributors?

I have an Apple link also but was careful to put it on a separate page to the Amazon ones since I'd heard that Amazon and Apple can and have refused requests to add affiliate links when their competitors are also present?

1. Does anyone have experience of this?
Not with multiple affiliations, but I did sign up with Amazon in the very early days of their affiliate program -- around 15 to 20 years ago as I recall. I had only one web site, and was writing a column for Windows Technical Journal that included one book review each month. My site included a page that reprinted the reviews, from which folk could place orders.
Quote:
2. Have you found affiliate links to be worthwhile financially? I saw that Amazon has a clause that you forfeit your month's earnings if 80%of your sales were free Kindle books and you sold over 10 000 copies of such books.

Those are large figures and I've no idea if I'll reach that number of sold copies but very likely most of my sales at the moment would be during free promotions...
It never brought me any significant returns. When they paid on a monthly basis, most checks were less than $100. I always considered it simply a small additional benefit for little or no effort on my part.

The affiliation is still valid but there's no mention of it on my present site (I revamped the 1990s edition recently, using WordPress to create a more current look and make it available to mobile viewers). For more than a decade I've been carrying a balance there, but it's not large enough to cover their current fee for writing a check!

Like any sales job, you'll get return from it only in proportion to the effort you invest. I can spend my hours more profitably creating things than I can trying to sell them, which is why I tied up with a reputable literary agent as soon as I got the opportunity. YMMV.
JwkOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert