Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
kBridge

The "bridge code", that part of the jail break infrastructure that re-installs our stuff after an Amazon update, has been a part of the touch screen jail break(s) and the "hotfix" packages.

Since it is now getting a major over-haul, it is getting its own, more descriptive, name: "kBridge".

The base portion of the kBridge has been sampled already (last month) by some our users.
That "base portion" checks and corrects as required, the basic parts of the installed jail break.
It is also responsible for on-screen progress messages.

The update-bridge portion that re-install the various packages the user has included is a collection of script fragments.
To make that possible in a reasonable length of time, they are all run concurrently (in parallel).

Each will write a progress message on the screen but the screen writer can only write one line at a time.

To manage the situation of multiple writers to a single display line writer, the scripts will use one of the inter-process message queue systems provided by the Linux kernel.

The speed-bump in this project is that it requires a command line interface to the inter-process message queue system that can be used from shell scripts.
Since I could not find a suitable utility, I had to write one myself.
(Which accounts for about 6 weeks of re-learning programming that I haven't used for decades.)

Since this new command line utility is a general purpose utility for inter-process communications, it has its own public repository:
https://github.com/knc1/mqueue-copy

Probably of interest to only a very few of our members, but that is where it is kept.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Reserved

I may need this second post of the thread in the future.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert