Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 10:05 PM   #286
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Hello! I was very excited to find this plugin because I'm all the time editing epubs and covers in Sigil and Paint.

I was able to successfully open a cover in Paint but am receiving an error when trying to open an epub in Sigil. My library is stored in Dropbox, so I thought that might be the issue, but I created a test library on my computer and I had the same error message.

I'm getting 'WindowsError:[Error2] The system cannot find the file specified' with the error log:

calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

calibre 2.63 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 4, 3) && Count Pages (1, 6, 9) && Open With (1, 5, 9) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && FanFicFare (2, 3, 6) && EpubSplit (2, 1, 2) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Marvin XD (1, 2, 4) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 14) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && iOS reader applications (1, 4, 7, 0, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 194, in open_with
File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 228, in launch_app
File "subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Any assistance is much appreciated.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #287
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That error usually means the executable hasn't been found. My guess would be that you haven't specified the full path to sigil.exe.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #288
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Ah, I see. I left it as the default path and my Sigil is in (x86). Thanks for your help!
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #289
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Hi!
After installing the plugin,and trying to open en epub with Sigil, I got this message:
Code:
calibre 2.70  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 4, 1) && Open With (1, 5, 9) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Count Pages (1, 6, 9) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 194, in open_with
  File "calibre_plugins.open_with.action", line 228, in launch_app
  File "subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 913, in _execute_child
  File "subprocess.py", line 644, in list2cmdline
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: unexpected end of data
Deinstall and reinstall at no avail.
Is there something I can do?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:30 PM   #290
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Will Sigil Open the file (bypass Open With PI)

Ctrl-o with the book selected: O, just plain ole 'O'
then right-click the file: Open With... (this is the OS file managers O/W )

The book my be defective

FWIW, I use this PI frequently with Sigil.. It just runs.

The only change I made, was when I migrated my config files from 32bit (XP) to 64bit (W7-W10)

Last edited by theducks; 10-15-2016 at 09:58 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #291
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Hi!
After installing the plugin,and trying to open en epub with Sigil, I got this message:
You probably don't need it, the core now has it built in, it uses the associations you define in Windows (Linux or OSX).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	152370

Also available when you right click a format in Book Details sidebar. You can set different keyboard shortcuts for opening specific formats with specific programs - e.g I have opening TIFs in vliv.exe shorted to Shift+T.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #292
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both!
@theducks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ctrl-o with the book selected:
then right-click the file: Open With... (this is the OS file managers O/W )
There is no action at clicking Ctrl + o, thus no way to right-click.

Quote:
The book my be defective
No, it is not. I can easily open it in Sigil directly, going to Calibre's library.

Quote:
FWIW, I use this PI frequently with Sigil.. It just runs.
On my other Computer (also Win10 32-bit), it runs as well.

@BetterRed: Yes, this worked; I didnT know about this possibility. Would nevertheless like to know what strange error it was.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #293
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Thank you both!
@theducks:

There is no action at clicking Ctrl + o, thus no way to right-click.

No, it is not. I can easily open it in Sigil directly, going to Calibre's library.

On my other Computer (also Win10 32-bit), it runs as well.

@BetterRed: Yes, this worked; I didnT know about this possibility. Would nevertheless like to know what strange error it was.
Just press 'O' to open the book folder (I sometimes have to press it twice - dunno why, never found a repeatable pattern), theducks must have customised his kb short to Ctrl+o.

Maybe the error is caused by non ascii path names, I recall having some problems with one of the PI's not handling Cyrillic characters in directory names, can't recall if it was this PI... could have been.

BR
Old 10-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #294
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Just press 'O' to open the book folder (I sometimes have to press it twice - dunno why, never found a repeatable pattern), theducks must have customised his kb short to Ctrl+o.

Maybe the error is caused by non ascii path names, I recall having some problems with one of the PI's not handling Cyrillic characters in directory names, can't recall if it was this PI... could have been.

BR
Yes, this worked, and is quite simple to understand

I forgot to tell that the plugin doesn't open any of the books in Calibre. So, it scarcely can be a Problem of non-asci codes.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #295
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Leonatus - I don't maintain the plug-in (nor does anyone else) so I can't help more than I have. I stopped using it on the day that Kovid released a version of calibre that had Open With built into the core.

BR
Old 10-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #296
Leonatus
Wizard

I didn't maintain the plugin for a while either. Why I came back to it, is in a problem that I have with inserting fonts in Calibre.
To explain it in a more detailed way:
1. I have a book and want to feature, for example headings, with a specific font.
2. I add the font in Edit book via "File"->"New File". In this case, my favourite font appears in the "Fonts" folder:
Code:
FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf
3. I declare the font in the "pagesytle.css":
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family:"FoglihtenNo07";
  src: url(../Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf);
  }
4. I assign the font-family to certain css-classes, for example:
Code:
.author {
  ...  ;
  font-family: "FoglihtenNo07";
}
5. In the live preview, the font style changes.
6. When I start "Check Book", I receive the following error messages:
Code:
WARNUNG: Die Datei FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf ist nicht referenziert****[FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf],
that means: the file with the font is not referenced, and
Code:
WARNUNG: Die verknüpfte Ressource '../Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf' existiert nicht****[page_styles.css]
that means: the linked ressource with the font doesn't exist.

This occurs on three computers where I have Calibre installed equally.

But, if I look for the book in the Calibre library, open the book with Sigil, do a minimal change there (for example: add or remove a whitespace in the text), save it in Sigil, and run EpubCheck or FlightCrew, no problem is shown.
If I then open the book in Calibre's "EditBook" and run "CheckBook" once more, no problem will be found either.

I have no idea what happens there, but I prefer to edit my books - what concerns the adding of a font - in Sigil.

Well, that's the true reason, why I came back to the plugin. Maybe, I can find a resolution for my real problem with Calibre right now ...
Old 10-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #297
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You want to add a font in the calibre editor, all you need to do is use it somewhere in your css, for example,

p {
font-family: "FoglihtenNo07"
}

run the manage fonts tool and click the embed all fonts button, the editor will do the rest for you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #298
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You want to add a font in the calibre editor, all you need to do is use it somewhere in your css, for example,

p {
font-family: "FoglihtenNo07"
}
That's what I did, look above:
Quote:
.author {
... ;
font-family: "FoglihtenNo07";
}
Quote:
run the manage fonts tool and click the embed all fonts button, the editor will do the rest for you.
This I haven't done actually (in this case), but I have done it in the past at several oportunities, but without avail. Thus I thought that it had no significance. I'll try it next time once more.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #299
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
For it to work, your font has to be installed as a system font, or you need to add it to calibre explicitly by clicking the Install fonts button in the manage fonts dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #300
Leonatus
Wizard

I did as you say in a randomly chosen book, with all necessary steps committed, but the action report is:
Code:
Es wurde keine übereinstimmende Schriftart gefunden: Familie: FoglihtenNo07; Strichstärke: 700; Stil: normal; Breite: normal
Keine Schriftarten zum Einbetten gefunden
that means: no corresponding font found: family: FoglihtenNo07 etc., and: no font found for embedding.

Tags
conversion, kepubify