Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
SpeedBum9
SpeedBum9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 (partner has Kindle 3)
1 calibre - 2 devices

Hiya,

am using calibre (kindle 2) for my books and periodicals (2 newspapers daily) - was a bit wonky but got it sorted now, even emailing me the papers - sweet

i bought my gf a kindle 3 for christmas and she has shown an interest in a different paper to go to her device?

is this possible? to download 3 papers, and send 2 to mine and 1 to hers?
2 instances of calibre maybe?

or send all 3 to both and each delete the ones we don't want? prefer not to do this if there was a fix, however i think for what i am getting from Calibre, this would be a minuscule inconvenience in comparison to the alternative

thanks in advance
SpeedBum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the only way to do this is to use two calibre instances
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
SpeedBum9
SpeedBum9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 (partner has Kindle 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
the only way to do this is to use two calibre instances
simply?!

open up calibre twice? how do i distinguish them from each other?
SpeedBum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use two computers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
You could always just have all 3 got to both of yours and then just delete what you don't want to read, right?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
tomlinm
tomlinm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have recently acquired a Kindle 3 and have found Calibre an excellent tool to use with it. My wife is now making sounds about having a Kindle for her birthday and I am wondering about how to use Calibre with two devices. We like many of the same books but many different ones too.
Can Calibre be utilised with two Kindles, synching separately to each?
If not, would loading a separate instance of Calibre, on my second Hard Drive be an option, or does the Library always get stored in the same default destination?
tomlinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Calibre doesn't "sync" anything, it just sends book you ask it to send to the connected device. The only thing that automatically gets sent is downloaded news. So the only instance you'd need two copies of Calibre for your use scenario is if both of you want to subscribe to different recipes. If you decide to go with two Calibre copies, as long as you don't try to run both simultaneously, you can use the same library for both copies.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote