Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the Apple "Yellow Submarine" e-book available anywhere?

I downloaded the multimedia "Yellow Submarine" e-book from iBooks while it was available, but I've found now that it's not anymore. (I had to resort to digital sorcery to rescue it from my old iPad for reading on my new one, in fact.)

I was just wondering: is this e-book still available for new purchase anywhere? I've tried googling, but all I turn up are articles from 2011 talking about how it's free from iTunes.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I downloaded the multimedia "Yellow Submarine" e-book from iBooks while it was available, but I've found now that it's not anymore. (I had to resort to digital sorcery to rescue it from my old iPad for reading on my new one, in fact.)

I was just wondering: is this e-book still available for new purchase anywhere? I've tried googling, but all I turn up are articles from 2011 talking about how it's free from iTunes.
Why would you need to take it off of your old iPad? Doesn't iBooks store books that you've bought from them in your account?

In any case, here's an article about it from 2014, with a link to it on the iBook store--I don't know if the link is valid or not, because I can't view it without iTunes. http://ebookroundup.com/the-beatles-yellow-submarine/

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Interesting. I used to have that book, but I suspect that it is not compatible with latest version of iBooks. I would need to check on my iPod Touch, which should have a compatible version. But don't have that handy.

Aren't multimedia ebooks fantastic? They are the future! Except when they are not.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Why would you need to take it off of your old iPad? Doesn't iBooks store books that you've bought from them in your account?

In any case, here's an article about it from 2014, with a link to it on the iBook store--I don't know if the link is valid or not, because I can't view it without iTunes. http://ebookroundup.com/the-beatles-yellow-submarine/
For whatever reason, it's no longer on the store at all, including in my iBooks account (though other books I'd downloaded still were). If you followed the link in that article, you'd find it pops up an "Item not available" message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Interesting. I used to have that book, but I suspect that it is not compatible with latest version of iBooks. I would need to check on my iPod Touch, which should have a compatible version. But don't have that handy.
Actually, it's still perfectly compatible. I opened it on my iPad Mini 2 just fine. It's just that it's not available anymore.

Quote:
Aren't multimedia ebooks fantastic? They are the future! Except when they are not.
Indeed.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote