Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
isaacdl
isaacdl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Get author list from AJAX API

I'm trying to write a new web-based front end to the Calibre content-server, utilizing the ajax API.

The API makes it really easy to get information about books very easily, but is there a straightforward way to get lists of authors? I want to somewhat duplicate the functionality of the "browse/category/authors" page in the default web interface, although maybe not as complex. I'd like to be able to just get a list of authors.

ajax_search only returns lists of book ids.

Is this possible?
isaacdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
/categories will give you a list of all category types available in the db, from there get the URL for authors and call it to get a list of authors, then use /books_in/{category}/{item} to get the list of books in that category.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server