Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Yeah, when I said UI I was really talking more about page navigation, page overview, notebook management, that sort of thing. its amazing how an app that does that well, like Penultimate, can feel so much easier to use.

One thing that Maple doesn't do well is saving; you have to remember to save before hitting the home button or else all your notes are wiped away. That is a bit of a pain - it should just autosave on close, I think.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
...One thing that Maple doesn't do well is saving; you have to remember to save before hitting the home button or else all your notes are wiped away. That is a bit of a pain - it should just autosave on close, I think.
Looks like a promising app, very straightforward. As weatherman said, it seems to lose everything when switching to another app. You must remember to save, and then it's necessary to reload the file if you switch back and want to continue working. I'm not sure if this is a Kindle Fire issue, or if that's the way the app works. FreeNote (and other apps) will retain your work if you switch out and return.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #18
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Bought two $30/$20 styluses tonight. Will try them out and post reviews in a bit.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
FYI I wrote to Maple software about some of the things I thought they might do better (saving, notebook management, etc) and they replied saying that no further improvements were being made to Maple Paint but that they were working on a replacement that would address its of my concerns/suggestions. Very nice of them to respond, and even better that they're working on some awesome new app!
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #20
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
FYI I wrote to Maple software about some of the things I thought they might do better (saving, notebook management, etc) and they replied saying that no further improvements were being made to Maple Paint but that they were working on a replacement that would address its of my concerns/suggestions. Very nice of them to respond, and even better that they're working on some awesome new app!

Wow, that is pretty cool. Maple Paint itself is one of the better writing Apps but it does have some minor shortcomings. I look forward to a future release, especially if they build upon a solid Maple Paint foundation.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote