Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Epub Revision - accessibility support

Quote:
Insufficient accessibility support. EPUB is well-aligned with the DAISY standard but does not presently incorporate all DAISY features; in particular, there is not explicit support for full synchronization of multiple media types, such as audio and text. The proposed EPUB 2.1 revision will coincide in time with the revision of DAISY (ANSI/NISO Z39.86); the option to further the harmonization of the two standards should be considered.
Daisy
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Has somebody come up with a working workaround for synchronizing audio and text in the current EPUB standard? I haven't bumbed into an EPUB with text-to-speech feature. I would like to do an e-book with audio synchronized to text but I guess I just need to wait for EPUB 3 standard.

I'm really looking forward that SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language) will be supported by EPUB 3. Do you think reading devices will be able have support for this feature in the EPUB 3 standard? I guess new devices will be but are the companies willing to do firmware updates for older reading devices for full EPUB 3 support. I doubt but I hope so.

Here's a link how SMIL is used in EPUB 3 standard: http://idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epub30-mediaoverlays.html
Here's a link for specification of SMIL: http://www.w3.org/TR/SMIL/
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert