Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
jgoulden
Lurker Extraordinaire
jgoulden began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Replacement Parts

I had an unfortunate accident with my EZReader 6" the other day, which resulted in the front bezel of the reader being severely damaged. Thankfully, the screen is intact and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the reader functionally. Aesthetics on the other hand, leave something to be desired.

I tried contacting both Astak and Jinke to see if they would be willing to sell me a replacement piece. This is something I don't expect to be covered under warranty, and I have no problem replacing the part myself. However, in the week since I sent off my request, neither company has bothered to answer my support query. In all honesty, I expected not to hear from Jinke, but really am disappointed in Astak's lack of response.

So, with normal support methods being totally useless, does anyone have a dead EZReader 6" (or any of the Hanlin v3 clones) they would like to part out? Barring any further accidents, I only need to front bezel (the part with the buttons and logo).

Thanks!
jgoulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Remember, a great portion of Astak is in Las Vegas for CES. They are inundated with preparing for that.

Send them another email or call the technical number.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile Ordering parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoulden View Post
I had an unfortunate accident with my EZReader 6" the other day, which resulted in the front bezel of the reader being severely damaged. Thankfully, the screen is intact and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the reader functionally. Aesthetics on the other hand, leave something to be desired.

I tried contacting both Astak and Jinke to see if they would be willing to sell me a replacement piece. This is something I don't expect to be covered under warranty, and I have no problem replacing the part myself. However, in the week since I sent off my request, neither company has bothered to answer my support query. In all honesty, I expected not to hear from Jinke, but really am disappointed in Astak's lack of response.

So, with normal support methods being totally useless, does anyone have a dead EZReader 6" (or any of the Hanlin v3 clones) they would like to part out? Barring any further accidents, I only need to front bezel (the part with the buttons and logo).

Thanks!
Dear jgouldon:

I am sorry that nobody made contact with you from Astak!! I work for Astak and that is not right. We should always answer!

To be honest, nobody has ever asked us for parts yet. But, my Product Manager does want to help you and says he thinks he can solve the problem of the front bezel. We do not have many extra parts but may have a few bezels from cannabilized units.

Please contact: support@astak.com or phone tollfree: 1-866-368-8788 and tell them that Walter said he thinks he can help!

Again, we are supposed to be here to help and I am very sorry that your request did not get answered. Please Private Message me if they do not assist you right away. I will be monitoring.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post

I am sorry that nobody made contact with you from Astak!! I work for Astak and that is not right. We should always answer!

I thought long and hard about how, or even if, to respond to this. You need to sort out your support department. I know from personal experience that that support do not always answer their email. In fact I have seen several independant posts on this forum to the same effect. If I was their manager.... well
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lauded or slammed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I thought long and hard about how, or even if, to respond to this. You need to sort out your support department. I know from personal experience that that support do not always answer their email. In fact I have seen several independant posts on this forum to the same effect. If I was their manager.... well
Dear Jusmee:

Many, many times people have posted with accolades for our Customer Support. But... I am not arguing at all and have only Merry Christmas wishes for you!!

I am surprised about this a bit. I know we have good people... and they know their stuff... but I believe you that somehow emails arrive and then do not get an answer.

Let me suggest to that department that they log in each email and then only check it off after an answer is sent out. I do not like that slip-thrus are occurring. Every email should have a matching response.

I am not their manager or I would share your anger. Let me see how we can tighten up.
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Jusmee:

Let me suggest to that department that they log in each email and then only check it off after an answer is sent out. I do not like that slip-thrus are occurring. Every email should have a matching response.

That is a very good idea. In fact, it's how most companies handle support. Each support request gets a "ticket" number, and it's status is tracked, and escalated as necessary - and it cannot get "lost".
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Robertb

Memo sent to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
That is a very good idea. In fact, it's how most companies handle support. Each support request gets a "ticket" number, and it's status is tracked, and escalated as necessary - and it cannot get "lost".
Dear jusmee:

I copied your post and put my own suggestion for the email logging. I thank you for always be will;ing to help others and I see you as a guy always willing to chime in with a helping word. So, I am grateful that you responded well. I think it helps every now and then to remind Customer Support that they get a lot of applause... but they also slip up now and again.

Realize that in these times of scam emails and viruses, we are told by Admin to please be careful NOT to open suspicious emails. If there is no subject line then it very well might be discarded. I urge all people emailing support@astak.com to please include a subject line such as: a problem I posted on MobileRead Forum or End User question from MobileRead Forum. If you do not get a response... check to be sure that the email address is correct. Please, all, do not assume that the error is Astak. Help us to help you by including a subject line and assuring that you emailed properly.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
jgoulden
Lurker Extraordinaire
jgoulden began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Although it took a couple of calls to get in touch with Walter, and some some coercing to get them to send me the part (as opposed to sending in my v3), my replacement part arrived today. Everything is now back together and looking great.

Thank you very much for your help Robert. It is much appreciated.
jgoulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
Robertb

Coercing Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoulden View Post
Although it took a couple of calls to get in touch with Walter, and some some coercing to get them to send me the part (as opposed to sending in my v3), my replacement part arrived today. Everything is now back together and looking great.

Thank you very much for your help Robert. It is much appreciated.
Dear jgoulden:

Walter is a horse of a different color. He is a nice guy who really knows his stuff much of the time; and occasionally you need to smack him with a bat. He is kinda dual-personality. A good bat always helps him out. (HA!)

I am overjoyed that we finally did get you back up and running!! Let us mark one up for the good guys (you and me)!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
By hook or by crook they look after your book (er.. reader)!
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote