Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #91
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Thank you!

I got George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 4-Book Bundle: A Song of Ice and Fire Series: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows for US$ 1.86 *_*
That's one of the bundles I really wanted to buy (bourne collection the other) but neither of them would accept promo codes for me, said due to blah blah publisher blah blah we cannot accept promo codes

Must be a country thing, just checked again and still not taking codes. Guess I'll have to keep waiting

Last edited by JoeD; 04-24-2012 at 10:38 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #92
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
That's one of the bundles I really wanted to buy (bourne collection the other) but neither of them would accept promo codes for me, said due to blah blah publisher blah blah we cannot accept promo codes

Must be a country thing, just checked again and still not taking codes. Guess I'll have to keep waiting
Maybe, I'm from Brazil. Some books I can't buy on kobobooks.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #93
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Is it? It was showing a discount, so it wasn't agency.

Hmm. I've just checked again, it isn't showing a discount. My mistake.
It's weirder than I thought, in fact.

Both books I was looking at show undiscounted (agency) on Kobo, but discounted (non-agency) on Amazon.

The two books are The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (Transworld) and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Cornerstone). UK editions, presumably.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #94
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:

Both books I was looking at show undiscounted (agency) on Kobo, but discounted (non-agency) on Amazon.

The two books are The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell (Transworld) and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Cornerstone). UK editions, presumably.
Just a reminder that not all non-agency books on Kobo show two prices. That is frequently used by people as a rule of thumb, but it's far from universal. While all books with two prices are non-agency, the reverse isn't strictly true.

That said, these are both showing up as agency for me, as they are for you. One of them is from Ballantine and should be agency everywhere (the other is from Crown, and I'm not sure who they're an imprint of).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #95
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I missed The Hunger Games promo from before, so I used this code to get the trilogy for $2.70. Thanks!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #96
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The codes still seem to working, so I'll mention that a bunch of Donna Leon's "Brunetti" mystery series, set in Venice, seem to be couponable - at least in the US. I used one of the 90% codes on the newest in the series, Beastly Things, a couple of days ago. Many of the others also look as if they would be couponable, but I already have them all, so haven't tried any others personally.

This is one of my favorite mysteries series, with a likeable, slightly sardonic sleuth, and his equally likeable family.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #97
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:

Transworld, Cornerstone, Ballantine, and Crown are all imprints of Random House, an agency publisher.

You can just google the publisher to see if it is an agency publisher imprint.

If you want to let us know what types of books you like we can make suggestions for those that are not agency.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #98
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, given that they cannot be used on the high-priced price fix six eBooks, I think Kobo has little to worry about.
How long has Agency pricing been going on? I'm sure I remember being able to get books cheap from the big six a in 2010. Or am I way off?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #99
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
How long has Agency pricing been going on? I'm sure I remember being able to get books cheap from the big six a in 2010. Or am I way off?
April 1, 2010 for 5 of them. Random House started March 1, 2011
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #100
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Thanks! Appreciate it. Got my favourite comfort read ("Pistols for Two" by Georgette Heyer) for my Kobo.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #101
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Transworld, Cornerstone, Ballantine, and Crown are all imprints of Random House, an agency publisher.

You can just google the publisher to see if it is an agency publisher imprint.

If you want to let us know what types of books you like we can make suggestions for those that are not agency.
But they (apparently) aren't agency at Amazon.

I did eventually find some books to use these two coupons on. It just wasn't easy.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #102
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Transworld I can say for sure I've used codes on before. I bought The First Apostle by James Becker with a 45% coupon and it was published by Transworld Digital.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #103
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Fantastic...I just got Circle Series 4-in-1 for $1.86 using their promo code. Couldn't resist for that price. I hope I enjoy it!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #104
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Quote:
The "4-in-1" of the "Circle" series is ePub. I made sure of that before I bought it . It converts fine to Mobi using the usual methods.
Sorry, but I haven't used calibre, if that is what you are referring to. Can anyone please tell me what the "usual methods" are of converting and ePub such as the "Circle series" to Mobi? I have a Kindle3 and would like to read this book on it, if possible. I can just use my color nook, but would prefer the non lit screen of the kindle during the day.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #105
daerelibom
daerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
@Kaysclie, google "Apprentice alf"
daerelibom is offline   Reply With Quote