Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
pipiri
pipiri began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo - kobo aura hd
In book search function

Hello,

I own 2 kobo devices, a kobo glo and a kobo aura HD. I believe both use the same firmware.

Yesterday, after months of deliberately not updating both devices I did. I was on 2.8.1, I got both on 3.2.0.

On the whole I find a lot of issues have been fixed, but here is my problem: I like to hop about a lot in my books, and do so by word search or bookmarks.

After the update, whenever I do that, I get the search result/boomark list, but when I select a result it does not send me to the result or the bookmark but to beginning of the chapter where the bookmark is.

As I do use bookmarks a lot, it is a very annoying issue for me.

Is it a known issue? Or am the only one with it (which woul mean that on both device something went very wrong).

Also I should specify that I sideload most of my books using Calibre, but I never had problems before. The books do open, I just can't browse with my bookmarks.

Thanks in advance for responding.
pipiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly, I have been using 3.2.0 for a while now, and haven't seen a problem like this. I don't do much in-book searching, but did use it on the weekend. I do use a lot of annotations.

But, are you sideloading as epubs or kepubs? is this happening for books that were already on the device when the firmware was updated or books sent since? Have you edited any of these books and resent them to the device?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
pipiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Firstly, I have been using 3.2.0 for a while now, and haven't seen a problem like this. I don't do much in-book searching, but did use it on the weekend. I do use a lot of annotations.

But, are you sideloading as epubs or kepubs? is this happening for books that were already on the device when the firmware was updated or books sent since? Have you edited any of these books and resent them to the device?
I sideload using calibre wich is configured to send as kepub (or rather bookname.epub.kepub ), it happens on both old and new books, and no I haven't edited them. I have that problem on old books with bookmarks I did on the old firmware, and with bookmarks on books I sent since the update.

Obviously if you don't have the problem, it's something to do with me, but I'm confused as it happens on both devices. I'll recheck Calibre settings.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Are you converting the books and sending them, or are you using the extended driver to convert during the send?

I don't normally read sideloaded kepubs, but checking the ones that I have on my Glo, they did work. Search took me to the word and the bookmarks saved and opened to the correct place.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
pipiri

I use the extended driver to convert during the send. I never thought to convert first then send, because I had no problem so far. I think I'll give it a try when I'm home.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Unreplicable here with sdeloaded kepubs on the fly through extended driver.

arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
pipiri

Well somehow it worked, I converted a book in kepub before sendind it to the device and now no problem. So there must be a problem during the automatic conversion process when I send through the extended driver. Yet it is the latest plugin version.
Obviously the problem has something to do with my machine if you can't replicate it.

Since I don't feel like doing that for all my books, I'll just uninstall calibre and its plugins, clean my register and reinstall it all. Hopefully it will fix it.

Tags
aura hd, bookmarks, firmware, glo, search