Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
AZdave
Enthusiast
AZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung Stratosphere (coolreader), BeBook Neo,EBookman
Where did booxusers.com go?

Does anyone know what happened to booxusers.com?

There was an abundance of information about the Onyx boox that I am missing.

I think it has been missing since Dec. 21 or there abouts.

Last edited by AZdave; 01-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.
AZdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I sent Kib, the site owner, an email last week to ask about this but did not get a reply. That could mean that the mail address I have is obsolete. It could also mean that he is on a hiking trip across the Sahara without Internet access and will set things right when he returns, but that might be a bit too optimistic.

After a peak in the middle of 2010 activity on the site gradually went down, and recently often days went by without a single post, so Kib may just have pulled the plug.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
Koudijs
OpenBOOX developer
Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: BeBook Neo
My last activity at booxusers.com was on December 22 when I answered a private message, later that day the forum went down.

Like Zetmolm, I also sent an email to Kib using the booxusers account on gmail.
No response yet.

Maybe we all should move over to mobileread.
Koudijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koudijs View Post
My last activity at booxusers.com was on December 22 when I answered a private message, later that day the forum went down.

Like Zetmolm, I also sent an email to Kib using the booxusers account on gmail.
No response yet.

Maybe we all should move over to mobileread.
Any chance to get the archive for that forum?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
AZdave
Enthusiast
AZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheese

I hope Kib is just on holiday (someplace better than the Sahara I hope .

There was so much useful information there that it is a shame to see it wasted. Especially the development stuff.

Is there some way to archive it? The wiki there was useful as well.

PS: I just learned that Endless Ideas where I bought my Neo A60 has declared bankruptcy. The future looks dark to me.

Last edited by AZdave; 01-07-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdave View Post
PS: I just learned that Endless Ideas where I bought my Neo A60 has declared bankruptcy. The future looks dark to me.

Huu, that's bad news indeed. Where did you read it? Their website doesn't indicate anything.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
AZdave
Enthusiast

It was in a PM from someone there. Maybe its not official yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Any chance to get the archive for that forum?
The last snapshot of booxusers.com by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine is from 07.02.2011
Sadly only some threads (first pages) are cached:
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Sadly the news from Endless Ideas is not good. They filed for bankruptcy yesterday. It remains to be seen whether they can survive at all but my gut feeling is they wont.

PS
As I typed this I received a bit of good news. All I can say is that Endless Ideas is not dead yet.

Last edited by Stormchild; 01-07-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
Koudijs
OpenBOOX developer
Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Huu, that's bad news indeed. Where did you read it? Their website doesn't indicate anything.
http://mybebook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4137
http://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/...-ideas-bv.aspx
Koudijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
AZdave
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
PS
As I typed this I received a bit of good news. All I can say is that Endless Ideas is not dead yet.
That's is good the hear.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
AZdave
Enthusiast

For English
http://translate.google.com/translat...-ideas-bv.aspx

From the above site.

Op 03-01-2012 is Endless Ideas Bv te Utrecht (Utrecht) door de rechtbank in Utrecht failliet verklaard. On 01.03.2012 is Endless Ideas BV, Utrecht (Utrecht), the court in Utrecht declared bankrupt. Als curator is aangesteld mr. JV Maduro. As a curator appointed Mr. JV Maduro. Het insolventienummer van deze zaak is F.12/11. The insolvency issue of this case is F.12/11. Er zijn (nog) geen verslagen beschikbaar. There are (still) no reports available.

@ Koudijs:
I like your work on OpenBoox.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
kibje
from BooxUsers
kibje began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Hi all.

I wasn't hiking across the Sahara, but I did work 60 to 80 hours every week for the last few weeks.

As you might know (or not) I am a network engineer by profession.
The last 6 months I have been working towards the migration of the network environment of a multinational, which happened during the last 2 weeks of december and the first week of januari.

Now that the storm has passed I've found a moment to look at the consequences of the booxusers.com crash.

Things are not looking good. To make matters worse, my last good backup is hopelessly outdated. More recent backups were also affected in the crash.

I have installed a new OS and webserver on a seperate VM and will post an update on booxusers.com later today. I might need all the help I can get to get the data back, so if you have extensive linux knowledge, I might need you.

Sincerely,

Ejal (aka kib)
kibje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Insolvency doesn't mean that a company is dead. It just means that it's insolvent. (But with smaller companies insolvency might indeed be bad news.)
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibje View Post
Hi all.

I wasn't hiking across the Sahara, but I did work 60 to 80 hours every week for the last few weeks.

As you might know (or not) I am a network engineer by profession.
The last 6 months I have been working towards the migration of the network environment of a multinational, which happened during the last 2 weeks of december and the first week of januari.

Now that the storm has passed I've found a moment to look at the consequences of the booxusers.com crash.

Things are not looking good. To make matters worse, my last good backup is hopelessly outdated. More recent backups were also affected in the crash.

I have installed a new OS and webserver on a seperate VM and will post an update on booxusers.com later today. I might need all the help I can get to get the data back, so if you have extensive linux knowledge, I might need you.

Sincerely,

Ejal (aka kib)
Hi, Ejal!
I'm happy to hear that the booxusers.com SNAFU wasn't anything seriously bad happening to you personally.

I have some Linux knowledge, and am very willing to assist you in whatever way I can. I'm mostly self-educated, though --not a database engineer or anything as useful as that. If we hit a serious problem, I can try to enlist some aid from other people I know in the Linux user community.

I've found Booxusers.com to be a GREAT resource, and I want to do whatever I can to help you keep a valuable project going.

--John, AKA "SilverBear"
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote