Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
gncurrier
gncurrier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Covers Not showing

I recently bought a Kobo, and I really like it (my 1st ereader)
I've been having 1 problem so far: I have a bunch of my own books that I formatted and put in the covers and everything on calibre. (none of my books are form Kobo) However, when I sync to Baggins (Kobo's name the covers of 2-3 books aren't syncing. I'm not sure what the issue is. How can I rectify this situation? it's not horrendous, just midly annoying since I am anal about the artwork on my iPod and used to everything being perfect.
Otherwise, I'm really enjoying my reader!
gncurrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
soup
soup began at the beginning.

finding the cover with calibre only changes the cover calibre uses it adds a file to the directory folder that calibre keeps the file and uses that instead of whatever it was using before.

it doesn't change the actual file that the book info is kept in.

if the books you are reading are an epub, open the file with sigil, add a cover image as the forst page and save, then put onto your kobo.

voila.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
gncurrier
gncurrier began at the beginning.

I downloaded sigil, but I have no idea how to use it...the book I tried to open just gives me a black screen.
gncurrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gncurrier View Post
I downloaded sigil, but I have no idea how to use it...the book I tried to open just gives me a black screen.
You have to choose page you want to see/change.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

welcome to mobileread gncurrier

You've loaded both calibre and sigil ? What are you trying to do ?

calibre can create a 'new' book that includes the cover image, you get that choice before the conversion begins ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
soup
soup began at the beginning.

on the left there should be a list of files, each is a page/chapter/section of the book you want to edit.

the first page is usually the cover. it may well be an all black image.

click to the right of the black bit and try to delete it. or expand the folder on the right called "images" and open all the images, your black one might be there. right click and remove. the title page tab should show a blue square with a question mark in it. click on the right and delete it. try then clicking on the "insert image" icon in the middle of the top menu icons, then find the cover image file calibre downloaded.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote