Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #36526
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Getting a pork shoulder into the slowcooker. Pulled pork for dinner tonight.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #36527
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That does sound good. I just put a roast in the slow cooker, so it would be ready when I get home this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
I have had my laptop for what I feel are absolutely zonks, which had Windows 7 and yesterday my hubby came from an outing at a local mall with a new Toshiba laptop with touchscreen etc., for me. It has Windows 8 on it. It feels like a foreign country, but I shall persevere. I must admit that I still prefer the old trusty Windows 7. Not that I am going to tell him that. *Sigh*

Cheers
Which one? I am thinking of getting something with Win 8.1. I've played with 8 for a little and it does take some time to make a change, especially when I had everything figured out on my Vista system.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #36528
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
That does sound good. I just put a roast in the slow cooker, so it would be ready when I get home this evening.
Gotta love slowcookers (and breadmakers, panini presses, coffee makers and just about any other kitchen gadgets...)

Baking corn bread to serve the pulled pork on.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #36529
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to get myself psyched up enough to sort out my big bookcase plus the stacks of books in front of it. I have to decide which books can be sold, boxed up or put back into the bookcase.

Meanwhile I keep checking if the webshop has registered that they've received my returned Aura HD (according to track & trace they got it on Saturday) and that they are checking out the defect.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #36530
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Must be slow-cooker day! I've got a chicken breast cooking till I get home from work. (Oops, sorry Pooh)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #36531
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Must be slow-cooker day! I've got a chicken breast cooking till I get home from work. (Oops, sorry Pooh)
*sob* There's no escaping my delicious destiny!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #36532
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
After resting in the cabinet under the kitchen counter for months, my wife got out the slow cooker and used it three times last week. Yum.

I'll have to start cooking with it when I retire in (hmmm...it's now three minutes past midnight EST) 74 days.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #36533
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
... carving bone bridge pins for my guitar. Hand-carved bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and now bone bridge pins.... This this is going to sing!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #36534
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Home, finally time to relax, and getting ready to make a snack.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #36535
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Waiting for my second replacement Kobo Aura HD, hopefully this one is pinprick free.

Meanwhile I'm ordering a new gadget pillow. I used to have a BookSeat but it got stinky after the fire and I had to throw it out. Because after a little while the filling of the Bookseat needed topping up and I can't easily get the filling, those tiny, lightweight, white balls (plus I know that stuff will escape and get everywhere) I've now chosen iPevo's PadPillow, this will also work with my tablet, which was a bit too heavy for the Bookseat.

iPevo also provides a how to make your own PadPillow for those who are handy (I'm not)

Last edited by Rumpelteazer; 10-22-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #36536
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I need to bring out my slow cooker. We are both trying to be good about bringing food from home instead of buying lunch which means finding more things that I can cook easily. So I need to pull out the slow cooker recipie book and the slow cooker. Wednesday might become slow cooker day.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #36537
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like third time's a charm, I just got my third Kobo Aura HD and this one seems to be pinprick free! It's now updating and after that I'm going to charge it whilst I have to run some errands and after that I'm going to test if I like epub or kepubs and which font.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #36538
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It looks like third time's a charm, I just got my third Kobo Aura HD and this one seems to be pinprick free! It's now updating and after that I'm going to charge it whilst I have to run some errands and after that I'm going to test if I like epub or kepubs and which font.
Congrats. Glad you finally got a good one you can be happy with. Hope everything else about it works well for you, too.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #36539
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Great news! Enjoy!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #36540
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Congrats. Glad you finally got a good one you can be happy with. Hope everything else about it works well for you, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Great news! Enjoy!
I love my Aura HD, I'm now trying to get the plugboard working so it will add the which number the book is in a series. It just won't do it, which is rather annoying. It was set to "all devices" and "all formats", which worked fine for the Kindle and once for the Aura HD (although that was an epub and not a kepub).

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?