Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
BooksBooks
BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
ADDING DICTIONARIES ??

I am still hoping for someone to find out how to add extra dictionaries to the Sony PRS-T1 build-in dictionaries. Has there been any progress on this issue?

Last edited by BooksBooks; 07-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.
BooksBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
rigong
rigong began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksBooks View Post
I am still hoping for someone to find out how to add extra dictionaries to the Sony PRS-T1 build-in dictionaries. Has there been any progress on this issue?
+1 Vote for this feature
rigong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
ishiro
ishiro began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would really love to have a french dictionnary on it !
ishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
peter64
peter64 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-G1
+1 from me too.

I thought all the dicts were just stored on one of the read only partitions and were msdict format. couldn't you change he partition to be read/write and then load up an msdict formatted dict onto it. I remember something about how when people were generating msdict dictionaries one of the freeware packages used shiftjis for indices (when making japanese dictionaries) and this wasn't compatible with the prs-t1 as it needed to have a unicode index. Anyways if someone has a prs-t1 and gets it too work. Please post how they did it.
peter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishiro View Post
I would really love to have a french dictionnary on it !
It looks like you got it: I've just noticed that after the last upgrade my PRS-T1 shows a French dictionary (Oxford-Hachette FR<->EN). If it doesn't appear in yours, maybe it's time to upgrade the firmware
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
rigong
rigong began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
[QUOTE=grimborg;2158871]It looks like you got it: I've just noticed that after the last upgrade my PRS-T1 shows a French dictionary (Oxford-Hachette FR<->EN). If it doesn't appear in yours, maybe it's time to upgrade the firmware [/QUOTE

I think we talking about a french-french; italian-italian, etc dictionary....
rigong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, i have a small idea about this. Some time ago, i opened a thread for an old reader (PRS505) regarding the installation of wiliepdia on it. The current hardware is good enough and has web browsers, so maybe, insted of wikipedia, we can instal wikitionary on it. you cna download dumps of it and somehow read them from the SDcard or internal memory.

Of course, you cannot use it as the official dictionaries, where you can select a word and it will automatically search for it, but it beats not having a dictionary
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
I believe adding this to your flash_reader.bat file and adding a folder containing all of the Dictionary files (cdi, dict, idx, ifo) it should install it to the device. I have 12 dictionaries currently installed.

In this case the folder would be called "dictdata"

If I remember correctly.

Code:
rem goto :nocopy-epub

if not exist .\dictdata goto :nocopy-dictdata

if exist %DRIVE%:\dictdata goto :nocopy-dictdata

xcopy .\dictdata %DRIVE%:\dictdata /E /C /R /H /I /K /Y 
if errorlevel 1 goto :failure

:nocopy-dictdata

Last edited by ModReader; 08-09-2012 at 04:38 AM.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

dictionary partition of the prs-T1 can be extended, but there are no tools at the moment which can convert dictionaries to the proprietary sony format.
It is possible to use a different reader software (coolreader) and install new stardict dictionaries in it
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
BooksBooks
BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.BooksBooks for a long time would go to bed early.

Thanks for all the good ideas. I still don't get why Sony just does not offer dictionaries in its shop. I even want to pay for a good dictionary!! Recently I noticed that kindle does offer some dic's. Unfortunately though, they are bilingual and not the explanatory FR-FR , DE-DE etc. I wish for.......

HE YOU GUYS AT SONY, THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE!!! START SELLING THOSE DICTIONARIES ALL OF US WANT SO DESPERATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BooksBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #11
peter64
peter64 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-G1
I've heard the european model has a lot of these dictionaries. If someone with one of these would be so kind as to provide a dump of the partition perhaps you could just copy them into the corresponding dictdata folder as mentioned above by modreader?
peter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

here are the dumps of prsT1 partitions:

http://projects.mobileread.com/reade...n/PRST1/dumps/

dictionary partition is the p6
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionaries, prs-t1