Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Ditto for what other people say. I use my nook color for occasionally reading, Making lists, playing games (just discovered a new one called kiki rpg), watching YouTube, and controlling xbmc at home. it's really a lot easier to web surf on the nook them on my laptop. My laptop isn't particularly heavy, but it's still heftier then a tablet.

Yes, any keyboard on a screen is less easy to use them a physical one. Still I can't use any on screen keyboard other then Swype anymore. It isn't really accurate, but it did okay and it's so much more... flowy then typing each word separately. You know, I've been really impressed with voice recognition. When I'm driving in my car and need to send a text, it's accurate even with music playing from the car radio.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #32
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
it's really a lot easier to web surf on the nook them on my laptop.
I totally agree. Tabs blow laptops away for couch-surfing. "Old" as it is, my Tran loads web pages in seconds and one thing I've been doing more of lately is using the IMDB app while watching a movie. That irksome "where have I seen that actor/actress before" itch can now be easily scratched
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #33
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
I totally agree. Tabs blow laptops away for couch-surfing.
Yep, tablet is a lot easier to use than a laptop for web surfing on the couch or in bed. Before, I used to fall asleep with the laptop still on top of me and it's always an (unwanted) adrenaline rush when I move during sleep and drop my laptop (thankfully on the carpeted floor). A tablet is a lot easier to manage and since you can put them in cases, can be quite a bit sturdier.

Quote:
one thing I've been doing more of lately is using the IMDB app while watching a movie. That irksome "where have I seen that actor/actress before" itch can now be easily scratched
I used to do that with my phone. It really is much nicer on a tablet with bigger screen.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #34
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I totally agree. Tabs blow laptops away for couch-surfing. "Old" as it is, my Tran loads web pages in seconds and one thing I've been doing more of lately is using the IMDB app while watching a movie. That irksome "where have I seen that actor/actress before" itch can now be easily scratched
I do that with my iphone. Should probably use my K-Fire. Am still hoping for an iPad.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #35
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I used to do that with my phone. It really is much nicer on a tablet with bigger screen.
I could never see myself spending much time browsing with a phone. Mine eyes are way too old for that. Maybe if I had a Galaxy Note or an Iphone like Sadievan...
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I could never see myself spending much time browsing with a phone. Mine eyes are way too old for that. Maybe if I had a Galaxy Note or an Iphone like Sadievan...
My eyes aren't that young either. I frequently have to enlarge the text on my iphone or turn to landscape to enlarge the print. But on the whole the iPhone isn't too bad to read on.

I am lusting for an iPad though.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote