Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #211
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
One of my favourite bad jokes....

Q. What do you call a blind Rudolph/deer with no eyes?

A. No idea.
:groan: Took me a minute. Had to pronounce it outloud. :groan:
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #212
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
:groan: Took me a minute. Had to pronounce it outloud. :groan:
Yeah, the "r" is silent invisible...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #213
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
An old man sat in the mall, watching the world go by.

He saw one teenager had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, and blue. The old man kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find him staring every time.

When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?'

In classic style he did not bat an eye in his
response.

'Got drunk once, and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.'

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #214
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
An old man sat in the mall, watching the world go by.

He saw one teenager had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, and blue. The old man kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find him staring every time.

When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?'

In classic style he did not bat an eye in his
response.

'Got drunk once, and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.'

Hee!

This reminds me of a true story that happened to a friend of mine, many years ago. He was in a pub in North Wales (he was Welsh himself) and found himself sitting next to an old man who was eying all the underage drinkers in a disapproving fashion.

Finally he leaned over to my friend and said (in a broad Welsh accent) "When I were a teenager, you'd never find us in the pub."

"Nooo," he said, slowly and disapprovingly. "We'd be up on the mountain, eating magic mushrooms."
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #215
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
My dog does this:

The dog breed in the picture is a miniature pinscher. If you look carefully, you can see the dog's tongue through the bottom of the jar.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #216
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
One of my favourite bad jokes....

Q. What do you call a blind Rudolph/deer with no eyes?

A. No idea.

Q. What do you call a blind Rudolph/deer with no eyes and no legs?

A. Still no idea.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #217
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

:groan: :hiss:
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #218
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Thread's gone quiet - so here's another!

Guy walks into a bar with a couple of cardboard boxes which he puts on the bar & orders. Barman gets his order then asks what’s in the boxes?

The guy opens the larger box to remove a miniature grand piano and stool, which he puts on the bar.
Out of the other, he takes a foot tall male doll dressed in tuxedo & tails, places it on the stool.

The doll comes to life and plays beautiful music, keeps playing for some time. Eventually the guy claps his hands and the music stops.

The barman, and rest of the drinkers, totally enhanced by the performance, want to know where they can get one.

Guy says, well, it’s a long story -

I was walking my dog and came across this deer with its leg caught in a trap. It did not seem badly injured so I released it.

There was a blinding flash, and the deer turned into a little old woman in a pointed hat, who thanked me for releasing her and said she would grant me one wish, which no one else must hear.

I thought a few seconds about what to wish for, then bent over to whisper it into her ear. As I did, two F16’s went over making a horrendous noise and clap of thunder, she disappeared with another flash.

This is how I end up with a 12-inch pianist who will only stop playing when he gets a clap.

Last edited by columbus; 04-08-2009 at 02:07 PM.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #219
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another but cleaner!!

Where do you find a dog with no legs?

Right where you left him.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #220
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

How bout some jokes with no injured aminals? Some of us are pet lovers.....
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #221
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Where do you find a lawyer with no legs?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #222
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

*THAT's* better!!! (sorry ricky..... )
Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #223
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb;
How bout some jokes with no injured aminals? Some of us are pet lovers.....

H'mmmm, a lot of us are pet lovers!

I think that when we loose the ability to laugh at ourselves we have lost our humanity.

From your avatar and comments I guess you might be blond. So no offence!

(No animals or people were harmed in the making of this frivolity.)

Guy driving home in the dusk, when the whole cast of watership down runs across the road in front of him, as hard as he tries he can't avoid them and turns one of the rabbits into a road kill.

Full of remorse he gets out of his car and cradles the dead rabbit in his hands.

At this moment another car pulls up, out gets a blond woman who realises at once his distress.
She tries to console him, but understands it is futile and returns to her car where she retrieves an aerosol can.

Gently removing the dead rabbit from his hands she sprays it with the aerosol and places it lovingly on the ground.
After a few moments the rabbit springs to life and runs fifty yards down the road, stops, turns and waves to the blond and the man.
Runs another fifty yards, stops, turns, and waves to the blond and the man. This continues until the rabbit is out of sight.

The man overwhelmed, questions the blond what she has done and asks to see the aerosol can, Which is Hair spray, he reads the label, which says -
- restores life and vitality to hair and imparts a permanent wave.

H'mmmm then, how about this one?

How can you tell when a lawyer is telling the truth -
- by the stony silence :-)

Last edited by columbus; 04-10-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #224
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Guy driving home in the dusk, when the whole cast of watership down runs across the road in front of him, as hard as he tries he can't avoid them and turns one of the rabbits into a road kill. ...

And a happy ending too!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #225
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Where do you find a lawyer with no legs?
At the Bar?

I've heard several versions of this joke, all of which are politically or religiously incorrect. I'm sure it should be possible to modify this to be a MR specific....

Four people, a Saudi, a Russian, a North Korean, and a New Yorker, are sitting in a restaurant, when a reporter runs in and says, "Excuse me, what is your opinion about the meat shortage?"

The Saudi says, "Excuse me, what's a shortage?"

The Russian says, "Excuse me, what's meat?"

The North Korean says, "Excuse me, what's an opinion?"

The New Yorker, says, "Excuse me? What's excuse me?

(With all due apologies to New Yorkers....)

<Well, I like it anyway.>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote