Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
Ghea
Ghea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia J
Unhappy Cahnging Calibre user interface style is not working

I have a fresh install of Linux Mint 17 (Ubuntu) and Calibre downloaded from the Calibre website. And changing setting for an user interface style is for nothing. There is absolutely no difference between "Calibre style" and "Default system style" (I think that are proper names, but they are transalted from my language). The interface has an ugly pale rose-orange colour, a hovering is visible in a category list and over icons but no in the books list. There is no other way, and I must revert to the distribution package.
My debug log:
Code:
calibre Dziennik debugowania
calibre 2.1  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.13.0-24-generic-x86_64-with-debian-jessie-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.13.0-24-generic', '#47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('debian', 'jessie/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: djvumaker && Count Pages && Search The Internet && LubimyCzytac && View Manager && Find Duplicates && Barnes & Noble && Fantastic Fiction && Author Book Count && FictionDB && Goodreads
Starting up...
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
Key u'S' for shortcut Zapisz na dysku is already used by Połącz wpisy książki, ignoring
Key u'S' for shortcut Zapisz na dysku is already used by Połącz wpisy książki, ignoring
Started up in 3.16 seconds with 157 books
Ghea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your distro has no Qt 5 compatible system style.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #3
Ghea
Ghea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia J
Smile

I have installed the latest snapshot of Qt 5.3.2 as you stated on the Calibre webpage (qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.3.2_2014-09-03_00-09-18-134). Other dependencies are met too. I have experimented a little. But it did not help.
I have to wait until my system catches up with Calibre or more applied to the problem.
With earlier versions of Calibre (<2.0), there were no problems.
Thank you for your help.
Ghea is offline   Reply With Quote