Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
Aodhfin Kavanaug
Aodhfin Kavanaug began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 4 Android phone
Question Question - Calibre seems not to always pick up cover from DOCX? Fix?

Good Afternoon!

I'm getting to be a very happy Calibre user. I'm currently on Windows but am slowly migrating over to Linux and was happy to see Calibre available in Linux as well. Super.

My question is this - I have Word 2010 at work and happened to convert several text files to DOCX at work to which I had added covers. Since my Office at home is 2003, I ended up getting LibreOffice (LO) which handles DOCX as Calibre doesn't work with DOC files. No problems, Calibre worked with LO's DOCX just fine, and mostly the same way it did with the M$'s DOCX files _except_ that the autodetect cover feature doesn't seem to work with LO's DOCX format and it does _seem_ to work with Word's. I'm going to test that at work this week but that seems to be the case.

So I've been adding the cover separately and then end up with two cover pages as the original DOCX file has it on the first page.

Does anyone know how to fix this, by any chance? I'll go back and delete the first page with the cover for all my eBooks if I have to, but it would make life so very much easier if Calibre would just pick up the first page's image reliably as it seemed to do with all the M$ DOCX files I brought from work.

Thanks! Any help in this regard appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited by Aodhfin Kavanaug; 06-28-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Aodhfin Kavanaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote