Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #1
laawaaris
laawaaris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
ePub to MOBI - Every Paragraph on a New Page

I converted ePub to MOBI and am trying to read the MOBI on my Kindle Voyage.

I am noticing some strange behavior: every new paragraph appears on its own page. In this book some paragraphs are just one sentence long - such as a line of dialogue by the character. So these single line paragraphs are appearing on their own page by themselves.

I converted using the default settings on calibre 2.31
I left the setting on MOBI to convert to the "old" MOBI. However I converted to AZW3 and noticed the same behavior.

I am attaching my Epub file, my output MOBI file and also my calibre log.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Conversion Log.txt (113.5 KB, 387 views)

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-23-2015 at 09:17 AM.
laawaaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Attached (presumably copyright) ebooks deleted.

I've had this happen. For some unknown reason, the ePub author had decided to label each paragraph with a CSS style called chapter.

You can edit the ePub to change this (tedious and prone to error) or you can disable the chapter recognition algorithm in the conversion prefs.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
laawaaris
laawaaris began at the beginning.

thank you for your help pdurrant - this suggestion worked (disabling the chapter recognition algorithm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Attached (presumably copyright) ebooks deleted.

I've had this happen. For some unknown reason, the ePub author had decided to label each paragraph with a CSS style called chapter.

You can edit the ePub to change this (tedious and prone to error) or you can disable the chapter recognition algorithm in the conversion prefs.
laawaaris is offline   Reply With Quote