Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
I agree, the lighted cover is very easy to tell.
I got a clip only because I read laying back in bed and was worried it may tip forwards. I was using the elastic to secure it on the top corner and it was great, but was also concerned about it slipping off the bed or my lap, this way I feel safer.

But seriously, the lighted cover is just plain awesome, I just wished they made these for Sony readers too, it is near perfect for a reading light. Haven't touched my mighty bright since I got it.
They have lighted covers for the sony readers, although the light is battery powered rather than using the devices power source. I have a black leather lighted cover for my Sony PRS-300. It's an official Sony product.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
They have lighted covers for the sony readers, although the light is battery powered rather than using the devices power source. I have a black leather lighted cover for my Sony PRS-300. It's an official Sony product.
The Sony one, though, is a "light wedge" rather than a pull-out light. As such, it has an impact on the screen clarity even when it's not being used. I think the Kindle's pull-out light is much better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #33
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Sony one, though, is a "light wedge" rather than a pull-out light. As such, it has an impact on the screen clarity even when it's not being used. I think the Kindle's pull-out light is much better.
That's not the case for the official Sony PRS-300 lighted cover. The light is stored in the middle of the cover and is pulled out to use it. The neck can be adjusted so that you can position the light where you want it. Here's a picture of it:

I have this cover and the K3 lighted cover and find that they both work well.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:06 AM   #34
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
yep I knew about the sony covers I have one LOL But it is no way as good or as neat as the kindle ones, just wished they were the same design.....
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenRunner View Post
That's not the case for the official Sony PRS-300 lighted cover. The light is stored in the middle of the cover and is pulled out to use it. The neck can be adjusted so that you can position the light where you want it. Here's a picture of it:

Thank you for the correction - I haven't seen that particular cover!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #36
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes the kindle one is much better in every way than the Sony one. The quality of the case itself is better and I like the fact that the light on K3 case draws power from the kindle itself rather than using batteries. The strap is also very useful for keeping the case closed whilst in my bag.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 09-19-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #37
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenRunner View Post

That's the one I have for my PRS-300
Old 09-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #38
dilipc
dilipc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by manou View Post
Please keep us updated on it. I'd love to order one - Amazon doesn't ship it to Hong Kong ...
I received this email from Smak...

"Thank you for your order and payment through PayPal.* Your order will ship Sept 20 by US Postal Service International First Class mail, and should arrive in 14 days of its shipment"

Fingers crossed!
dilipc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #39
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
mine took 7 days from US to UK
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #40
Ziggy925
Ziggy925 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I was also worried about those clips and the cracked cases, then I discovered that the elastic cord that keeps the cover closed works a reminder to always open the cover from the front. I wouldn't worry about it, and the Amazon cover is really nice.
Ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote