Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #61
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
But I do want to see signatures! I only don't want to see the images in those signatures...
Whow. That is certainly a very legitimate desire. We might make a petition on the Administrators.
I rised the issue with you because it was not perfectly and exactly 100.000% accurate.

I also like to see signatures and pictures in posts. When they are meaningful and helpful, like dreams, GeoffC, or yours? LI have to follow yours more closely.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 AM   #62
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Yes, I do have to block them individually.
Then again, how often do they change signatures?
Once you have blocked it is blocked.
I am in control.

I don't understand anything about coding so I don't use scripts.

Morning beppe!
Adblock Plus is an add-on in Firefox. It blocks probably 99% of any adds, pop-ups etc., when I browse the Internet. It also can block pictures if you want to do it manually.
When somebody puts pics in their signatures or have ugly avatars, I just right-click it, select Adblock Plus: block image. Done.

In this way, I see avatars&signatures I like and don't see the irritating ones.
Genius. I promise you a karma!

Last edited by beppe; 08-06-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 AM   #63
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Yes, I do have to block them individually.
Then again, how often do they change signatures?
Once you have blocked it is blocked.
I am in control.

I don't understand anything about coding so I don't use scripts.

Morning beppe!
Adblock Plus is an add-on in Firefox. It blocks probably 99% of any adds, pop-ups etc., when I browse the Internet. It also can block pictures if you want to do it manually.
When somebody puts pics in their signatures or have ugly avatars, I just right-click it, select Adblock Plus: block image. Done.

In this way, I see avatars&signatures I like and don't see the irritating ones.
Ok, it helps that I'm a web developer, but Stylish is also a plugin for FF!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #64
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Adblock Plus rocks.
It does. I just installed it. Bliss.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #65
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #66
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Genius. I promise you a karma!
Ta ta ta in advance!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #67
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Quote:
Ok, you techno experts convinced me. I was so happy with my chrome. I'll go back to Firefox. El zorro de fuego. Arriba!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #68
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, you techno experts convinced me. I was so happy with my chrome. I'll go back to Firefox. El zorro de fuego. Arriba!
It works. You can ask me but I will never, never reveal which image I blocked to test it.
Try me.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #69
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
AdBlock Plus is an available add-on for Chrome too.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #70
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
AdBlock Plus is an available add-on for Chrome too.
Really?
I didn't know chrome has add-ons.
Does IE have it too?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #71
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Really?
I didn't know chrome has add-ons.
Does IE have it too?
Chrome refers to AdBlock as an extension.

AFAIK AdBlock isn't available for IE, but there was a similar extension called IEPro or IE7Pro which provided similar, and extra, functionality. I'm not familiar with IEPro and just reading up on it there may be some glitches left to work out for IE8.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #72
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Chrome refers to AdBlock as an extension.

AFAIK AdBlock isn't available for IE, but there was a similar extension called IEPro or IE7Pro which provided similar, and extra, functionality. I'm not familiar with IEPro and just reading up on it there may be some glitches left to work out for IE8.
Sounds interesting.
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #73
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Ok. You've all gotten me to feel guilty.

I've read it all from top to bottom. Some of the complaints I've read are from people that I respect.

I look at my Signature Picture as a way to bring a little levity to the screen. To see the full size picture you have to click on it. Or not. Your call. Although you can add animated GIF's I choose not to.

Personally, I like the SMALL book thumbnails at the bottom of the authors posts. If it looks interesting, I'll click on it. If I'm not interested I pay no more attention to it than most people do to the billboards they pass on the way to work.

Although many have said that they like the Pic's, perhaps more don't.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #74
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
What bothers me most is the full lenght of the signature. Say, yours with text + photo, takes up quite a bit of screen real estate. I don't exactly dislike a small image, it's only that all taken together, it adds up.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #75
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Above is the old version.
Hopefully, I can get away with this.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote