Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ana - my latest pencil drawing

Ana - 9 x 11 graphite on mellotex paper. Drawn with the permission of the photographer.

Ana is the keeper of traditions in her village in Portugal.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Another amazed "wow"!!

And a little teasing: painting a young people with a face "as soft as a baby's bottom" should be really boring to you, shouldn't it?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hee-Hee, actually I did one, Candace, just before this one, but wasn't real happy with it,

it's here: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum...rk&img=11&tn=1

I consider it practice for this hat in this one.

And am currently working on something completely different than either.

Thanks Billi!

Last edited by kennyc; 10-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Great drawing. Thanks for posting
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
kennyc

Thanks Man! Glad you like it.
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hee-Hee, actually I did one, Candace, just before this one, but wasn't real happy with it,

it's here: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum...rk&img=10&tn=1

I consider it practice for this hat in this one.

And am currently working on something completely different than either.

Thanks Billi!
I see what you mean about Candace. Not to be critical but it doesn't have the same feel as either Ana or Rose. Maybe it has more to do with the subjects themselves than the actual drawing? Not to criticize Candace but she does not have the same openness as the other subjects you have drawn IMHO. Having said all that though I love Candace's eyes. There is something enchanting about them.

Ana is another amazing portrait. She has a zest for life that you, and the photographer, have both captured.

How long did this one take you?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
kennyc

Ana was about 45 hours of work. Pretty typical of my portraits 40-60 hours generally.

Thanks for your comments and interest!

not to make excuses, there are no excuses in art but Candace was a test for two types of paper and soft/young skin. I didn't feel either really worked.

Last edited by kennyc; 10-01-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Great drawing!

Today I finished my drawing of a waterfall, which looks okay, but when I scanned it it looked horrible, probable a combination of the scanner settings (not mine, so I can't adjust them) and the smooth, reflective paper I used. The compression when uploading it to Facebook and my website makes it even look more horrible.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Great drawing!

Today I finished my drawing of a waterfall, which looks okay, but when I scanned it it looked horrible, probable a combination of the scanner settings (not mine, so I can't adjust them) and the smooth, reflective paper I used. The compression when uploading it to Facebook and my website makes it even look more horrible.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Great drawing!

Scanning or photographing drawings - particularly graphite - is definitely an art in itself. I generally have to take multiple photos/exposures and then tweak them slightly in photoshop to get them back to looking like the original.