Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
dtacha
dtacha began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook 302 Broken Screen

Hello,

My pocketbook 302's screen is broken. Is there a way to fix this? Or do I need a new screen? Does Pocketbook help and send a new screen in this case?

It looks like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...320124057.jpg/

Thanks for your helps and I am waiting for your answers!

All the best,
Dtacha
dtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
dtacha

Btw. is it possible to buy a cheap e-reader (same size) and replace it with the one in Pocketbook 302?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I'm sure, PB will be more than happy to sell a new screen for 302 (for an extraordinary price, of course), so personally I'd carry the device to the nearest trashcan and start nlooking for something new and better, eg. Pocketbook 622, not available now, but should be in the next month or two.
302 support officially ended a few weeks ago, so it makes no sense to sink further money into it, and the idea of transferring another screen will most probably not work.
I don't know where you are located, but in europe you'll find a fair amount of different readers in Mediamarkt or Virgin Megastores for trial.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Here in the US the replacement of the screen would set you off $125... plus S&H.
Very often my customers say that they would rather buy a new reader for this money, to which I can't disagree... Instead of replacing a screen to the old reader, you can buy the whole new Sony for the same money. Or add $75 more for the new PB612
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacha View Post
Btw. is it possible to buy a cheap e-reader (same size) and replace it with the one in Pocketbook 302?
there is some special work you have to do to match the display to the device via the firmware. you cannot simply swap the two displays.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacha View Post
No. PB302 had unique touch layer.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
dtacha

I got my kindle touch. it seems ok until now. with pb302 i had to struggle sometimes to turn the page. now it is quite easy to tap. we'll see with time what kindle will bring.

do you have any idea how i can use the half of the screen with my pb302?
or is it possible to sell the processor?

thanks,
dtacha